    i should be looking for) that are supported with Windows. Can anybody
    help me out ?
    Thanks.
    zug, Nov 10, 2006

  2. "zug" <> writes:
    >I need to be able to send voice traffic over PSTN lines from a PC. I
    >also need to accept and record voice calls to my PC. The PC uses
    >Windows however and I have not seen any FXO cards ( I assume thats what
    >i should be looking for) that are supported with Windows. Can anybody
    >help me out ?

    I haven't used them at all, but you probably aren't searching for the
    correct keywords, as there's a ton of hardware out there that does this.

    Here's some cards that do exactly what you want, and you can probably
    find alot more by searching for the keywords that are on this page.

    http://www.nch.com.au/hardware/telephony.html
    Doug McIntyre, Nov 10, 2006

  3. On 10 Nov 2006 07:24:06 -0800, "zug" <>
    wrote:
    >I need to be able to send voice traffic over PSTN lines from a PC. I
    >also need to accept and record voice calls to my PC. The PC uses
    >Windows however and I have not seen any FXO cards ( I assume thats what
    >i should be looking for) that are supported with Windows. Can anybody
    >help me out ?

    There aren't that many FXO PCI cards, and even fewer that have drivers
    for Windows. Most only run on Linux, and are meant to work with
    Asterisk. If you want to use Windows, you're best bet is to get an
    external box, although there are a few cards that work with Windows.

    Google for VoIP FXO

    http://www.voipsupply.com
    etc.
    Vincent Delporte, Nov 20, 2006