Windows Storage Server 2003 R2

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by dm3281, Sep 1, 2006.

  1. dm3281

    dm3281 Guest

    Hello, all.

    I'm upgrading an environment from a Windows 2000/2003 DC to include our new
    Dell NAS that has WSS 2003 R2.

    The server is on our Active Directory domain and I have upgraded our Active
    Directory from version 30 to 31 to take advantage of R2 features.

    One of the challenges that I'm facing is trying to move some print-server
    functionality from our old Windows 2000 server to the new NAS running WSS
    2003 R2.

    I have created a couple printers and installed the drivers that Windows
    found. However, from an existing 2000 Server, I tried creating a new
    printer to the NAS. It stated that there were no 32-bit drivers found and
    then gave me the option to select OK or CANCEL. OK simply makes me browse
    locally for drivers.

    I have googled around and cannot seem to find what I need to do in order to
    get the 32-bit drivers for my servers and XP clients installed on the NAS.

    If anyone would be so kind to explain how to do this, I would appreciate it
    greatly.

    Thank you.
    dm3281, Sep 1, 2006

  2. This question may be more likely to receive appropriate responses if
    directed to a Windows 2003 group.

    You might try:

    microsoft.public.storage
    microsoft.public.windows.setup

    --
    Arnie Rowland, Ph.D.
    Westwood Consulting, Inc

    Most good judgment comes from experience.
    Most experience comes from bad judgment.
    - Anonymous

    Arnie Rowland, Sep 1, 2006