    that program Windows starts slower displaying "Windows is starting up" on
    the screen first, which it's never done before. Why is it doing this and is
    this normal?
    Jamie, Apr 9, 2004

  2. Jamie

    kyote Guest

    On Fri, 09 Apr 2004 02:42:45 GMT, "Jamie" <>
    wrote:

    >I am running Windows XP and the other day I wanted to read some old
    >documents that were written in a DOS based program called Key Word Pro. I
    >didn't install the program but loaded it through my floppy drive just as I
    >did with my old computer which I had about 14 yrs ago. Ever since I have ran
    >that program Windows starts slower displaying "Windows is starting up" on
    >the screen first, which it's never done before. Why is it doing this and is
    >this normal?

    It's normal for it to say windows is starting up. It's not normal for
    it to be running slower than it was unless considerably more was done
    than you think. Are you running updated Anti-virus software? Floppies
    can spread boot sector virus's which can be very difficult to get rid
    of. If you have anti-virus software make sure that it's virus
    definitions are completely up to date and make sure it has real time
    protection turned on as well. If you have the software but it doesn't
    have it's real time protection activated then you can still get a
    virus. In that case I'd recommend at the very least doing a full
    system scan of any non-removable drives. If you have a virus then scan
    the floppy as well.

    -------
    Kyote.sends("Greetings");
    kyote, Apr 9, 2004