    Any ideas appreciated.

    Thanks

    Steve ......... Homer Simpson of computers.
    Mr Pounder, Sep 16, 2007

  2. Mr Pounder

    who'sthat Guest

    On Sun, 16 Sep 2007 11:36:40 GMT, "Mr Pounder"
    <> wrote:

    >Running XP Pro.
    >
    >For some reason all my Windows sounds have stopped working. Music etc is
    >okay.
    >
    >I like Windows Sounds.
    >
    >Any ideas appreciated.
    >
    >Thanks
    >
    >Steve ......... Homer Simpson of computers.

    Control panel and then sounds. What do the first 2 tabs tell you?
    who'sthat, Sep 16, 2007

  3. Mr Pounder

    Mr Pounder Guest

    "who'sthat" <who'sthat@don'tknow.com> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 16 Sep 2007 11:36:40 GMT, "Mr Pounder"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>Running XP Pro.
    >>
    >>For some reason all my Windows sounds have stopped working. Music etc is
    >>okay.
    >>
    >>I like Windows Sounds.
    >>
    >>Any ideas appreciated.
    >>
    >>Thanks
    >>
    >>Steve ......... Homer Simpson of computers.
    >>

    > Control panel and then sounds. What do the first 2 tabs tell you?

    Volume --------- High

    Sounds ............... Windows Default
    Mr Pounder, Sep 16, 2007
  4. Mr Pounder

    who'sthat Guest

    On Sun, 16 Sep 2007 12:00:15 GMT, "Mr Pounder"
    <> wrote:

    >"who'sthat" <who'sthat@don'tknow.com> wrote in message
    >> On Sun, 16 Sep 2007 11:36:40 GMT, "Mr Pounder"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Running XP Pro.
    >>>
    >>>For some reason all my Windows sounds have stopped working. Music etc is
    >>>okay.
    >>>
    >>>I like Windows Sounds.
    >>>
    >>>Any ideas appreciated.
    >>>
    >>>Thanks
    >>>
    >>>Steve ......... Homer Simpson of computers.
    >>>

    >> Control panel and then sounds. What do the first 2 tabs tell you?

    >Volume --------- High
    >
    >Sounds ............... Windows Default

    Headphone jack? Seriously..check that for output

    Next...Start\Settings\Control Panel\System\Hardware\Device Manager\
    Any problems there?
    who'sthat, Sep 16, 2007
  5. Mr Pounder

    Tanel Kagan Guest

    When you say "music", do you mean audio (wav, aiff etc) or do you mean MIDI
    music coming from the synthesiser on your soundcard?

    If you double click the volume icon in the taskbar (as opposed to a single
    click), you get the full range of audio controls. Are all of these enabled?
    Wave audio could be muted whilst other sources are enabled.

    Tanel.
    Tanel Kagan, Sep 16, 2007
  6. Mr Pounder

    > On Sun, 16 Sep 2007 12:00:15 GMT, "Mr Pounder"
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>"who'sthat" <who'sthat@don'tknow.com> wrote in message

    >>> Control panel and then sounds. What do the first 2 tabs tell you?

    >>Volume --------- High
    >>
    >>Sounds ............... Windows Default
    >>

    > Headphone jack? Seriously..check that for output
    >
    > Next...Start\Settings\Control Panel\System\Hardware\Device Manager\
    > Any problems there?

    "Everything is working properly"
    Mr Pounder, Sep 16, 2007
  7. why not reinstall with mircrosoft bonus pack xp. ? I did it.

    Diplom Kaufmann Hinrichs - Siegert, Knut, Sep 16, 2007
  8. Mr Pounder

    Mr Pounder Guest

    "Tanel Kagan" <tanelkagan@(nospamthnx)hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > When you say "music", do you mean audio (wav, aiff etc) or do you mean
    > MIDI music coming from the synthesiser on your soundcard?
    >
    > If you double click the volume icon in the taskbar (as opposed to a single
    > click), you get the full range of audio controls. Are all of these
    > enabled? Wave audio could be muted whilst other sources are enabled.
    >
    > Tanel.

    CDs etc are fine.
    Utube etc is fine.
    All is fine apart from Widows Sounds.
    All audio controls are enabled.

    Doh!

    Steve

    Mr Pounder, Sep 16, 2007
  9. Mr Pounder

    Mr Pounder Guest

    "Diplom Kaufmann Hinrichs - Siegert, Knut" <> wrote in message
    > why not reinstall with mircrosoft bonus pack xp. ? I did it.

    I am too scared to do this.
    Everything I touch on a computer turns to dust ......... I just have this
    knack :)

    Steve

    Mr Pounder, Sep 16, 2007
  10. Mr Pounder

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Sun, 16 Sep 2007 12:43:12 +0000, Mr Pounder wrote:

    > "who'sthat" <who'sthat@don'tknow.com> wrote in message
    >> On Sun, 16 Sep 2007 12:00:15 GMT, "Mr Pounder"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>

    >>>"who'sthat" <who'sthat@don'tknow.com> wrote in message

    >>>Volume --------- High
    >>>
    >>>Sounds ............... Windows Default
    >>>

    >> Headphone jack? Seriously..check that for output
    >>
    >> Next...Start\Settings\Control Panel\System\Hardware\Device Manager\
    >> Any problems there?

    > "Everything is working properly"

    Can you preview the sounds?
    Meat Plow, Sep 16, 2007