    similar question that had to do with editing the Registry, instead of this lame
    fix I've found. Thanks.

    , Jul 25, 2005

  2. Unk Guest

    On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 23:13:26 -0400, wrote:

    >Anyone know of a way to lengthen the time you can record using Windows (XP Pro)
    >sound recorder? I did a Google search but everything that came up, even from
    >Microsoft, said something about recording a minutes worth of nothing, then
    >adding it to files. Seems to me, a while back, someone posted a reply to a
    >similar question that had to do with editing the Registry, instead of this lame
    >fix I've found. Thanks.

    Get the free Audacity sound editor instead. You'll never look back.
    http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

    Unk, Jul 25, 2005

  3. Guest

    Got it. Thanks much!

  4. WormWood Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Got it. Thanks much!
    >
    >>On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 23:13:26 -0400, wrote:
    >>
    >>>Anyone know of a way to lengthen the time you can record using
    >>>Windows (XP Pro)
    >>>sound recorder? I did a Google search but everything that came up,
    >>>even from
    >>>Microsoft, said something about recording a minutes worth of nothing,
    >>>then
    >>>adding it to files. Seems to me, a while back, someone posted a reply
    >>>to a
    >>>similar question that had to do with editing the Registry, instead of
    >>>this lame
    >>>fix I've found. Thanks.

    >>Get the free Audacity sound editor instead. You'll never look back.
    >>http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

    I *do know of two ways to lengthen the recording time on that little app
    (it's older than my grandma's tits) but you seem good with Unk's
    suggestion.

    WormWood, Jul 25, 2005
  5. Scraggy Guest

    wrote:
    > Anyone know of a way to lengthen the time you can record using
    > Windows (XP Pro) sound recorder? I did a Google search but everything
    > that came up, even from Microsoft, said something about recording a
    > minutes worth of nothing, then adding it to files. Seems to me, a
    > while back, someone posted a reply to a similar question that had to
    > do with editing the Registry, instead of this lame fix I've found.
    > Thanks.

    Copied from an post some time ago

    To expand recording length of Sound Recorder:

    1. record a blank minute

    2. save it as 1min.wav

    3. click edit then click insert and insert the 1min.wav file.

    4. repeat step 3 and continue to save and insert.

    This is the size of the wav files 1 min to 96 minutes.

    1min.wav 1.26 MB (1,327,104 bytes)

    2min.wav 2.52 MB (2,646,058 bytes)

    4min.wav 5.04 MB (5,292,058 bytes)

    8min.wav 10.0 MB (10,584,058 bytes)

    16min.wav 20.1 MB (21,168,058 bytes)

    32min.wav 60.5 MB (63,504,058 bytes)

    48min.wav 80.7 MB (84,672,058 bytes)

    96min.wav 161 MB (169,345,024 bytes)

    When you want to record load the approximate size you need

    and save it with a new name so to save the blank for further

    recordings.

    You can convert the wav to mp3 with Cdex.

    members. Groucho Marx

    Scraggy, Jul 25, 2005
  6. Unk Guest

    You're welcome.

    Unk, Jul 25, 2005
  7. Shep© Guest

    On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 00:08:37 -0400 As Androids Dreamed Of Electric
    Sheep and then Unk <> wrote :

    >On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 23:13:26 -0400, wrote:
    >
    >>Anyone know of a way to lengthen the time you can record using Windows (XP Pro)
    >>sound recorder? I did a Google search but everything that came up, even from
    >>Microsoft, said something about recording a minutes worth of nothing, then
    >>adding it to files. Seems to me, a while back, someone posted a reply to a
    >>similar question that had to do with editing the Registry, instead of this lame
    >>fix I've found. Thanks.

    >Get the free Audacity sound editor instead. You'll never look back.
    >http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

    As,"Unk" says.It's not worth the effort of trying get anything decent
    out of the Window's sound recorder.It's been limited and crap since
    win95 :O

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,

    Shep©, Jul 25, 2005