    Currently I only have to cables, one for the mike and one for the desktop
    speakers.

    Thanks!!
    Not Bill Gates, Apr 21, 2004

  2. Not Bill Gates

    David Wood Guest

    Use a ripper such as http://www.exactaudiocopy.de/
    David Wood, Apr 21, 2004

  3. Not Bill Gates

    CJ Guest

    Hi,
    what sotware came with your soundcard? I have Creative recorder that
    came with my Soundblaster and on that if you play the CD with windows
    media player you can select the source as "What you hear" and then
    record the CD clip that way.

    CJ

    CJ, Apr 21, 2004
  4. Not Bill Gates

    °Mike° Guest

    Don't use Windows' sound recorder.

    Audacity
    http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

    CDex
    http://www.cdex.n3.net/

    GoldWave
    http://www.goldwave.com/

    On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 14:50:28 GMT, in
    <USvhc.103$>
    Not Bill Gates scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Apr 21, 2004
  5. Thanks to all for the info.

    Is there any way to convert .wma to .wav??

    Not Bill Gates, Apr 22, 2004
  6. I have the same setup

    I can't figure out the "what you hear"

    Where is that menu??

    Not Bill Gates, Apr 22, 2004
  7. Not Bill Gates

    CJ Guest

    Hi,
    open up Creative Recorder then in the top left hand corner is a down
    arrow. Click on this to select source, one choice is What You Hear.

    I tried it last night and it does exactly what you want.

    CJ, Apr 22, 2004
  8. Not Bill Gates

    °Mike° Guest

    This is off the top of my head, but try:

    http://www.dbpoweramp.com/
    http://www.blazemp.com/
    http://www.acoustica.com/

    On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 16:31:04 GMT, in
    <crShc.10782$>
    Not Bill Gates scrawled:

    >Thanks to all for the info.
    >
    >Is there any way to convert .wma to .wav??
    >

    >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >> Don't use Windows' sound recorder.
    >>
    >> Audacity
    >> http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
    >>
    >> CDex
    >> http://www.cdex.n3.net/

    <snip>

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Apr 22, 2004
  9. Thanks for the help.

    My PC crashed about 2 weeks ago, and everything has been a mess since (I had
    to manually reload everything)

    My sound and audio properties show Creative Soundblaster PCI as default
    device, however in Program Files I show no software for Creative or
    Soundblaster.

    I do have two cd's labeled Sound Blaster PCI 128 software and Soundblaster
    16 software.

    I have no idea where these came from.

    I'm sure one of these came with the PC (Systemax)

    I wonder why Windows Media Player won't write or save anything directly to
    the hard drive.

    I was thinking of downloading Music Match.

    Not Bill Gates, Apr 22, 2004
  10. Not Bill Gates

    ProfGene Guest

    I always take "musicmatch" off of my computer as I find it annoying always
    prompting you to upgrade. The newest version of Windows Media player can do
    most of what it can do. Also I only use "Real" player when there is no way
    to avoid it as it is constantly contacting its website from your computer.
    For saving sound to the hdd I use Cooledit Pro but there are free progams
    like Goldwave where you can edit sound and save it. Windows Media player is
    not an editing program therefore it only saves playlists.

    ProfGene, Apr 23, 2004