Windows Shutdown

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Thomas McPherson, Oct 16, 2004.

  1. Recently when I have gone to shutdown Windows or Restart, I get a message
    coming up

    "Updates are being installed 1 of 1 "

    "Do not turn off or unplug your computer - it will turn off automatically"

    Ok - so I left it like this for ages and nothing was happening - eventually
    I had to unplug it as I was going out.

    Can anyone tell me what is happening and how to get round this problem.

    I have Windows XP

    There is a solution!"

    http://www.giantcompany.com

    Thomas McPherson, Oct 16, 2004