    Tyler Guest

    Is the presence of a virus the only thing which will cause XP to shut down
    arbitrarily??

    Tyler, Oct 3, 2003

  2. Tyler

    Harrison Guest

    No, but if the machine has been functioning OK and suddenly begins
    this activity, then a virus is a likely suspect.

    Harrison, Oct 3, 2003

  3. We all know that Tyler () screamed at the top of his
    lungs:
    > Is the presence of a virus the only thing which will cause XP to shut
    > down arbitrarily??

    I also have a question for this one. My computer always takes 7-10 minutes
    to shut down. Is there any good reason for this? Emachines W1640, 356 MB of
    RAM, 40 GB harddrive, AMD atholon processor
    Y. S.

    --
    Do the Dew - Dewman
    has been changed to

    DUH

    yellow submarine, Oct 3, 2003
  4. Tyler

    Paul - xxx Guest

    Tyler tried to scribble ...

    > Is the presence of a virus the only thing which will cause XP to shut
    > down arbitrarily??

    No.

    --
    .............................Paul - xxx
    Our old car for Auction http://tinyurl.com/osdj

    Paul - xxx, Oct 3, 2003
  5. Tyler

    Paul - xxx Guest

    yellow submarine tried to scribble ...

    > We all know that Tyler () screamed at the top of his
    > lungs:
    >> Is the presence of a virus the only thing which will cause XP to shut
    >> down arbitrarily??

    > I also have a question for this one. My computer always takes 7-10
    > minutes to shut down. Is there any good reason for this?

    Possibly ..

    > Emachines
    > W1640, 356 MB of RAM, 40 GB harddrive, AMD atholon processor
    > Y. S.

    Perhaps if you learn to post your own question in a separate thread, rather
    than 'hi-jacking' another, then more and perhaps better detail help may be
    forthcoming.

    Paul - xxx, Oct 3, 2003
  6. We all know that Paul - xxx () screamed at
    the top of his lungs:
    > yellow submarine tried to scribble ...
    >
    >> We all know that Tyler () screamed at the top of his
    >> lungs:
    >>> Is the presence of a virus the only thing which will cause XP to
    >>> shut down arbitrarily??

    >> I also have a question for this one. My computer always takes 7-10
    >> minutes to shut down. Is there any good reason for this?

    > Possibly ..
    >
    >> Emachines
    >> W1640, 356 MB of RAM, 40 GB harddrive, AMD atholon processor
    >> Y. S.

    > Perhaps if you learn to post your own question in a separate thread,
    > rather than 'hi-jacking' another, then more and perhaps better detail
    > help may be forthcoming.

    ok

    yellow submarine, Oct 3, 2003
  7. Heat can easily cause that kind of problem. Are you sure that the fans on
    the processor and power supply are working properly?

    Regards,
    John O.

    John and Pat Ochenduszko, Oct 3, 2003