    "Unable to read from or write to the data base"

    Can anyone tell me what's wrong?

    Thanks,

    Chuck, Mar 23, 2007

  2. Chuck

    Mr. Arnold Guest

    Chuck wrote:
    > While trying to install Windows Service Pack 2; I get the following error
    > "Unable to read from or write to the data base"
    >
    > Can anyone tell me what's wrong?
    >
    > Thanks,

    Google is your friend.

    Track the information/fix down and see if it works for you.

    <snipped>

    Carey Frisch [MVP] Posts: n/a

    Re: XP SP2 oddity

    *** Error 0x800710D9 Unable to read from or write to the database ***
    The quickest and most thorough way to solve this problem is a batch
    file, written

    by fellow MVP Torgeir Bakken from Norway. Reboot the computer and, before

    running any other program, run the batch file. It will tell you when it
    is finished.

    Here it is: fixdb.bat

    Welcome to "Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2) Chat".
    You can get no charge Windows XP SP2 support here:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?pr=Wxpsp2chat

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP