    RAM, the HP claims an “Atom N280â€, while the Acer says “1.6GHz Atom N270â€.

    Thus, it seems fair to say that Windows Seven (even Starter Edition) is
    adding somewhere close to $100 to the price.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Nov 17, 2009

  2. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    EMB Guest

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    > In the latest brochures dropped in my mailbox today, I see in the Warehouse
    > Stationery one an HP 110-1197TU “Netbook Mini†with Seven Starter for $799,
    > while Bond & Bond still have that Acer AOD250 with XP and Android for $699.
    >
    > The hardware specs seem very similar: 10.1" screen, 160GB hard drive, 1GiB
    > RAM, the HP claims an “Atom N280â€, while the Acer says “1.6GHz Atom N270â€.
    >
    > Thus, it seems fair to say that Windows Seven (even Starter Edition) is
    > adding somewhere close to $100 to the price.

    No it doesn't you disingenuous troll. Both Bond & Bond and Noel Leeming
    have identical spec HP110 netbooks (both N280 with 1GB/160GB) with a $50
    price difference ($749 for XP vs $799 for 7). That can probably be
    explained by the XP Home machines being discounted as end of line.

    EMB, Nov 17, 2009

  3. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Logo Guest

    On Nov 17, 8:18 pm, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <l...@geek-
    central.gen.new_zealand> wrote:
    > In the latest brochures dropped in my mailbox today, I see in the Warehouse
    > Stationery one an HP 110-1197TU “Netbook Mini” with Seven Starter for $799,
    > while Bond & Bond still have that Acer AOD250 with XP and Android for $699.
    >
    > The hardware specs seem very similar: 10.1" screen, 160GB hard drive, 1GiB
    > RAM, the HP claims an “Atom N280”, while the Acer says “1.6GHz Atom N270”.
    >
    > Thus, it seems fair to say that Windows Seven (even Starter Edition) is
    > adding somewhere close to $100 to the price.

    And PBTech are advertising a Benq U102 for $599 which seems to be
    similar spec to the Acer but only has XP

    Thus it seems fair to say that Android is adding somewhere close to
    $100 to the price.

    Logo, Nov 18, 2009