    to persuade skittish users not to waver from the upgrade path.

    Makes you wonder how solid is the commitment of Microsoft’s users to Windows
    Seven, doesn’t it?

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Sep 22, 2010

  2. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Simon Guest

    On Sep 22, 6:43 pm, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <l...@geek-
    central.gen.new_zealand> wrote:
    > What’s the latest excuse for postponing upgrades to Windows Seven? Would you
    > believe, waiting for Internet Explorer 9 to come out?
    >
    > Microsoft has to run another PR campaign
    > <http://www.zdnet.com/blog/microsoft/microsoft-dont-delay-your-windows...>
    > to persuade skittish users not to waver from the upgrade path.
    >
    > Makes you wonder how solid is the commitment of Microsoft’s users to Windows
    > Seven, doesn’t it?

    So where's the figures showing how many companies are putting off
    upgrading until IE9 is released? Oh wait, those sorts of facts might
    ruin a good story from ZDNet.

    Simon, Sep 23, 2010

  3. In message
    <>, Simon
    wrote:

    > On Sep 22, 6:43 pm, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <_zealand>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> What’s the latest excuse for postponing upgrades to Windows Seven? Would
    >> you believe, waiting for Internet Explorer 9 to come out?
    >>
    >> Microsoft has to run another PR campaign
    >> <http://www.zdnet.com/blog/microsoft/microsoft-dont-delay-your-

    windows...>
    >> to persuade skittish users not to waver from the upgrade path.
    >>
    >> Makes you wonder how solid is the commitment of Microsoft’s users to
    >> Windows Seven, doesn’t it?

    > So where's the figures showing how many companies are putting off
    > upgrading until IE9 is released? Oh wait, those sorts of facts might
    > ruin a good story from ZDNet.

    Hey, it wasn’t ZDNet asking customers to please don’t put off upgrading to
    Seven on account of IE9.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Sep 23, 2010
  4. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Simon Guest

    On Sep 23, 3:37 pm, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <l...@geek-
    central.gen.new_zealand> wrote:

    > > So where's the figures showing how many companies are putting off
    > > upgrading until IE9 is released? Oh wait, those sorts of facts might
    > > ruin a good story from ZDNet.

    > Hey, it wasn’t ZDNet asking customers to please don’t put off upgrading to
    > Seven on account of IE9.

    I know, but they should supply that kind of information so that the
    reader gets the full picture of the issue. This could be an 'excuse'
    for less than 0.01% of potential customers - hardly anything to write
    home about. I personally don't know anyone who is putting off a Win 7
    upgrade at their enterprise because of the IE9 issue.

    Simon, Sep 23, 2010
  5. In message
    <>, Simon
    wrote:

    > On Sep 23, 3:37 pm, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <_zealand>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>> So where's the figures showing how many companies are putting off
    >>> upgrading until IE9 is released? Oh wait, those sorts of facts might
    >>> ruin a good story from ZDNet.

    >> Hey, it wasn’t ZDNet asking customers to please don’t put off upgrading
    >> to Seven on account of IE9.

    > I know, but they should supply that kind of information so that the
    > reader gets the full picture of the issue.

    They’re just reporting on a blog posting by a Microsoft exec. So if anybody
    is being coy about that information, it’s Microsoft.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Sep 24, 2010
  6. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Simon Guest

    On Sep 24, 3:09 pm, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <l...@geek-
    central.gen.new_zealand> wrote:

    > They’re just reporting on a blog posting by a Microsoft exec. So if anybody
    > is being coy about that information, it’s Microsoft.

    Well, either way it's shoddy reporting on behalf of ZDNet.

    Simon, Sep 24, 2010
  7. In message
    <>, Simon
    wrote:

    > On Sep 24, 3:09 pm, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <_zealand>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> They’re just reporting on a blog posting by a Microsoft exec. So if
    >> anybody is being coy about that information, it’s Microsoft.

    > Well, either way it's shoddy reporting on behalf of ZDNet.

    “Shoddy†to report exactly what Microsoft says?

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Sep 24, 2010
  8. In message <i7c8hs$5rt$>, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:

    > Makes you wonder how solid is the commitment of Microsoft’s users to
    > Windows Seven, doesn’t it?

    And the release version of IE9 will require Seven SP1
    <http://arstechnica.com/microsoft/news/2010/09/internet-explorer-9-to-require-windows-7-sp1-due-in-1h-2011.ars>.

    Basically another obstacle to those looking to upgrade to Seven.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Sep 24, 2010
  9. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Simon Guest

    On Sep 24, 5:47 pm, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <l...@geek-
    central.gen.new_zealand> wrote:

    > “Shoddy” to report exactly what Microsoft says?

    It's shoddy reporting, because they have failed to provide some basic
    information that would have been useful to the reader in order to
    gauge the bigger picture.

    Simon, Sep 25, 2010
  10. In message
    <>, Simon