    the new box.

    Any wisdom appreciated.

    Chris

    Christopher C. Welber, Apr 30, 2006

  2. Christopher C. Welber

    Malke Guest

    Christopher C. Welber wrote:

    > Hi GUys,
    >
    > I have a client who I am going to do a server upgrade from one box
    > which has Windows 2000 - no exchange just file/print services at the
    > moment to a seperate Windows 2003 server box which will initiallly
    > furfill the same role and then might become an exchange server.
    >
    > Do you guys have any tips and recommended migration tools. The data I
    > will copy manually, the priners I will probably setup again manually,
    > it's the accounts and security settings which would be nice to be able
    > to zap over to the new box.
    >
    > Any wisdom appreciated.
    >
    > Chris

    I'm not sure why you posted this in the wireless networking group, but
    the best place to start your research is on Microsoft's server website.

    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/technologies/directory/activedirectory/default.mspx

    The above site has a link to migration information as well as a ton of
    other necessary details.

    Malke
    --
    MS-MVP Windows User/Shell