    1. Advertising

  1. Nathan  Mercer

    Dave Doe Guest

    Dave Doe, Feb 9, 2011

  2. Nathan  Mercer

    AD. Guest

    AD., Feb 9, 2011
  3. Nathan  Mercer

    peterwn Guest

    Re: Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows 7 SP1 Releases toManufacturing Today

    On Feb 10, 9:53 am, Nathan Mercer <> wrote:
    > Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows 7 SP1 Releases to Manufacturing
    > Today
    >
    > http://windowsteamblog.com/windows/b/bloggingwindows/archive/2011/02/...
    >
    > http://blogs.technet.com/b/windowsserver/archive/2011/02/08/windows-s...

    While on that note last weekend Debian released Debian 6.0.0 aka
    Squeeze. It is available for a diversity of processors including x86,
    ARM, IBM S 390 etc etc. It can be downloaded at
    http//www.debian.org

    Lots of packages (including full server functionality) and no licence
    worries for end users. Cost - downloading bandwidth or media only.

    peterwn, Feb 10, 2011
  4. Nathan  Mercer

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <303ef7ae-99da-4821-ac24-fbf54db5231c@
    8g2000prb.googlegroups.com>, , peterwn says...

    > On Feb 10, 9:53 am, Nathan Mercer <> wrote:
    > > Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows 7 SP1 Releases to Manufacturing
    > > Today
    > >
    > > http://windowsteamblog.com/windows/b/bloggingwindows/archive/2011/02/...
    > >
    > > http://blogs.technet.com/b/windowsserver/archive/2011/02/08/windows-s...

    > While on that note last weekend Debian released Debian 6.0.0 aka
    > Squeeze. It is available for a diversity of processors including x86,
    > ARM, IBM S 390 etc etc. It can be downloaded at
    > http//www.debian.org
    >
    > Lots of packages (including full server functionality) and no licence
    > worries for end users. Cost - downloading bandwidth or media only.

    a. what does that have to do with the SP1 realease

    b. this is the usual, and very major problem, with Linux et el ...
    http://www.debian.org/support

    Indeed the most popular distro based on Debian is Ubuntu - and if you
    want a problem solved el pronto, eg for a business, sure you can phone
    'em up - but you have to PAY for it...
    http://www.ubuntu.com/support/services
    http://www.canonical.com/enterprise-services/ubuntu-advantage/server
    http://www.canonical.com/enterprise-services/ubuntu-advantage/desktop

    Microsoft provide free support for updates. Not sure what licensing
    worries you refer to, perhaps you'd like to elaborate (bear in mind, the
    context of your average business).

    c. I've read already of the Sqeeze release already causing problems, in
    particular nvidia video drivers, grub and xorg. But of course, you know
    that already.

    d. you're just another Linux troll - but you're not helping your
    'cause'.

    --
    Duncan.

    Dave Doe, Feb 10, 2011
  5. Nathan  Mercer

    On Feb 10, 3:04 pm, Dave Doe <> wrote:
    > In article <303ef7ae-99da-4821-ac24-fbf54db5231c@
    > 8g2000prb.googlegroups.com>, , peterwn says...
    >

    > > On Feb 10, 9:53 am, Nathan  Mercer <> wrote:
    > > > Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows 7 SP1 Releases to Manufacturing
    > > > Today

    > > >http://windowsteamblog.com/windows/b/bloggingwindows/archive/2011/02/....

    > > >http://blogs.technet.com/b/windowsserver/archive/2011/02/08/windows-s....

    > > While on that note last weekend Debian released Debian 6.0.0 aka
    > > Squeeze. It is available for a diversity of processors including x86,
    > > ARM, IBM S 390 etc etc. It can be downloaded at
    > > http//www.debian.org

    > > Lots of packages (including full server functionality) and no licence
    > > worries for end users. Cost - downloading bandwidth or media only.

    > a. what does that have to do with the SP1 realease
    >
    > b. this is the usual, and very major problem, with Linux et el ...http://www.debian.org/support
    >
    > Indeed the most popular distro based on Debian is Ubuntu - and if you
    > want a problem solved el pronto, eg for a business, sure you can phone
    > 'em up - but you have to PAY for it...http://www.ubuntu.com/support/servi.../enterprise-services/ubuntu-advantage/desktop
    >
    > Microsoft provide free support for updates.  Not sure what licensing
    > worries you refer to, perhaps you'd like to elaborate (bear in mind, the
    > context of your average business).
    >
    > c. I've read already of the Sqeeze release already causing problems, in
    > particular nvidia video drivers, grub and xorg.  But of course, you know
    > that already.
    >
    > d. you're just another Linux troll - but you're not helping your
    > 'cause'.

    If Nathan had not trolled - I would not have - I could not resist it -
    I was just lampooning his troll.

    peterwn, Feb 10, 2011
  6. Nathan  Mercer

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <f44f6282-b3e0-42ce-b3ca-4b8d7d737e59
    @z27g2000prz.googlegroups.com>, , peterwn says...

    > On Feb 10, 3:04 pm, Dave Doe <> wrote:
    > > In article <303ef7ae-99da-4821-ac24-fbf54db5231c@
    > > 8g2000prb.googlegroups.com>, , peterwn says...

    > > > While on that note last weekend Debian released Debian 6.0.0 aka
    > > > Squeeze. It is available for a diversity of processors including x86,
    > > > ARM, IBM S 390 etc etc. It can be downloaded at
    > > > http//www.debian.org

    > > > Lots of packages (including full server functionality) and no licence
    > > > worries for end users. Cost - downloading bandwidth or media only.

    > > a. what does that have to do with the SP1 realease
    > >
    > > b. this is the usual, and very major problem, with Linux et el ...http://www.debian.org/support
    > >
    > > Indeed the most popular distro based on Debian is Ubuntu - and if you
    > > want a problem solved el pronto, eg for a business, sure you can phone
    > > 'em up - but you have to PAY for it...http://www.ubuntu.com/support/servi.../enterprise-services/ubuntu-advantage/desktop
    > >
    > > Microsoft provide free support for updates.  Not sure what licensing
    > > worries you refer to, perhaps you'd like to elaborate (bear in mind, the
    > > context of your average business).
    > >
    > > c. I've read already of the Sqeeze release already causing problems, in
    > > particular nvidia video drivers, grub and xorg.  But of course, you know
    > > that already.
    > >
    > > d. you're just another Linux troll - but you're not helping your
    > > 'cause'.
    > >

    > If Nathan had not trolled - I would not have - I could not resist it -
    > I was just lampooning his troll.

    Fair point. :)

    --
    Duncan.

    Dave Doe, Feb 10, 2011
  7. Nathan  Mercer

    Boots Guest

    On Wed, 09 Feb 2011 15:31:15 -0800, AD. wrote:

    > I don't trust those links. You don't have anything from a dodgy Russian
    > domain do you?
    >
    > ;)

    LOL!

    They're certainly not from the official source of all internet malware
    and the largest single piece of crippleware that works on wintel PCs -
    http://www.microsoft.com .

    Boots, Feb 10, 2011
  8. Nathan  Mercer

    Boots Guest

    On Thu, 10 Feb 2011 15:04:58 +1300, Dave Doe wrote:

    > Microsoft provide free support for updates.

    Nope. You purchased it when you purchased your non-exclusive "license" to
    use MS Windows!

    Boots, Feb 10, 2011
  9. On Thu, 10 Feb 2011 09:35:13 +0000 (UTC), Boots <>
    wrote:

    >On Thu, 10 Feb 2011 15:04:58 +1300, Dave Doe wrote:
    >
    >> Microsoft provide free support for updates.

    >Nope. You purchased it when you purchased your non-exclusive "license" to
    >use MS Windows!

    Which bitch is this? Sweatpea... plonk

    Lawrence D'ouche, Feb 11, 2011