    I currently run Linux and Win XP on a Partitioned HD, Does anyone know if
    Windows Server 2003 is worth buying?

    LJ

    Lloyd Jones, Jun 5, 2004

  2. Lloyd Jones

    Hamman Guest

    "Lloyd Jones" <@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    news:c9t0t3$blr$...
    > I currently run Linux and Win XP on a Partitioned HD, Does anyone know if
    > Windows Server 2003 is worth buying?
    >
    > LJ

    Is it a server? If not, no.

    The clues in the product name

    hamman

    Hamman, Jun 5, 2004

  3. Lloyd Jones

    Lloyd Jones Guest

    It's a OS <<< That's the clue mate.

    LJ

    Lloyd Jones, Jun 5, 2004
  4. Lloyd Jones

    Duane Arnold Guest

    > I currently run Linux and Win XP on a Partitioned HD, Does anyone
    > know if Windows Server 2003 is worth buying?
    >
    > LJ

    If you not into the .Net solutions which is what Win 2K3 is about, then why
    would you get it?

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Jun 5, 2004
  5. Lloyd Jones

    Lloyd Jones Guest

    The reason I posted in the first place is because I heard of it but I don't
    know what it is about. Don't worry I've googled it now.

    LJ

    Lloyd Jones, Jun 5, 2004
  6. Lloyd Jones

    VWWall Guest

    Lloyd Jones wrote:

    > I currently run Linux and Win XP on a Partitioned HD, Does anyone know if
    > Windows Server 2003 is worth buying?

    Microsoft has sent me, (twice), an evaluation copy of Windows Server
    2003. On the back it says: 180-Day Limit on Use. I haven't tried it,
    but it would seem like an easy way to see what it's worth. They include
    an offer of a "FREE Microsoft Patterns & Practices book."

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/book for offer details.

    It also says: "If you decide to discontinue the use of this software,
    you will need to reinstall your original operating system. You may need
    to reformat your drive."

    Virg Wall
    --
    A foolish consistency is the
    hobgoblin of little minds,........

    VWWall, Jun 5, 2004
  7. Lloyd Jones

    Duane Arnold Guest

    Duane Arnold, Jun 5, 2004
  8. Lloyd Jones

    > It's a OS <<< That's the clue mate.
    >
    > LJ

    If you're that intent of pissing around with server operating systems, get a
    trial copy from the microsoft site.

    Look at Microsoft Virtual PC, you wont need to bodge your partitions
    evertime you want a different OS

    hamman

    Hamman, Jun 5, 2004
  9. Lloyd Jones

    Lloyd Jones Guest

    Already answered this post, go up two.

    LJ

    Lloyd Jones, Jun 5, 2004
  10. Lloyd Jones

    Michael-NC Guest

    Worth considering if you want to setup a small media server in your home, as
    well as run a FTP server and website. There is a Small Business Edition that
    is more robust than XP Pro when handling multiple connections.

    Michael-NC, Jun 5, 2004
  11. Lloyd Jones

    Lloyd Jones Guest

    Thanks for the info Michael-NC.

    LJ

    Lloyd Jones, Jun 5, 2004
  12. Lloyd Jones

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "Lloyd Jones" <@yahoo.com> wrote in news:c9t6ca$a98$:

    > Already answered this post, go up two.
    >
    > LJ

    That's kind of funny how this stuff shows up when it get's ready, because
    this one was sent first. :)

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Jun 6, 2004