    How can I check if an Windows instalation is 64 or 32 bits?
    thanks

    NS
    NS, Jan 15, 2007

  2. Hi, NS.

    <Win>+<Break>

    As always (since Win98, at least): Hold down the Windows logo key while
    pressing the Pause/Break key (in the upper right of most keyboards). The
    System Information page should pop up in your face. I only have one
    computer, so I haven't run the server versions, but in Vista Ultimate x64,
    there is a line in the middle of that screen that says:
    System type: 64-bit Operating System

    There are other ways to get to this screen, but I like the quick response
    from <Win>+<Break>. ;<)

    There was a thread here a few days ago by someone wanting to check this from
    a program. I'm not a programmer, so I didn't understand the answer, but you
    should be able to find it if that is your question.

    RC
    --
    R. C. White, CPA
    San Marcos, TX

    Microsoft Windows MVP
    (Running Windows Mail 7.0 in Vista Ultimate x64)

    R. C. White, MVP, Jan 15, 2007

  3. NS

    Aaron Kelley Guest

    For Windows XP/2003, you will see "x64 Edition" on that screen if you are
    running a 64-bit version.

    - Aaron

    Aaron Kelley, Jan 15, 2007
  4. 64 editions of XP and Vista have 2 program folders - Program Files & Program
    Files (x86)

    =?Utf-8?B?U3BpcmVmbQ==?=, Jan 21, 2007