    simply the XP Professional X64 Edition RC2?

    Any insight would be appreciated

    Pascal

    =?Utf-8?B?UGFzY2Fs?=, Sep 25, 2005

  2. RC2 is no longer supported. You need to use the final, released version of
    the operating system(s). Seriously.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Sep 25, 2005

  3. Re: Windows Server 2003 X64 RC2 or SImply XP Professional X64 Edit

    Thank you for the response Charlie, but from what I have read, the final
    released version is not being sold retail correct? Only selected vendors
    install it.

    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/64bit/howtobuy/default.mspx

    Does this ,ean in your reponse you suggest to wait until it becomes availble
    retail?

    =?Utf-8?B?UGFzY2Fs?=, Sep 25, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?UGFzY2Fs?=

    Rick Guest

    Re: Windows Server 2003 X64 RC2 or SImply XP Professional X64 Edit

    Windows XP Professional x64 is available OEM with the purchase of a
    non-peripheral piece of hardware. Do a Froogle search for 'ZAT-00007'
    or ZAT-00008' and you will find many retailers on the Web.

    Windows Server 2003 x64 is also available, but I have never looked for
    it and I do not know purchase requirements.

    Rick, Sep 25, 2005
  5. Re: Windows Server 2003 X64 RC2 or SImply XP Professional X64 Edit

    No, it is not (and probably never will be) available as a "retail" package.
    But it is widely available as an OEM version. Check with your favourite
    system builder or any of the many online retailers. Personally, I use
    www.ncix.com, but have also used www.directron.com and several others over
    the years.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Sep 25, 2005
  6. Re: Windows Server 2003 X64 RC2 or SImply XP Professional X64 Edit

    Actually, now that I think about it, I seem to recall that there is a
    "retail" version of Server 2003. I could be wrong, but worth a check if
    that's appropriate in your environment.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Sep 25, 2005
  7. Trial Download
    Windows Server 2003 trial software downloads are available at no charge. If you choose to register to download the software, note that you will not receive the product CDs. The following products, available only in English, are available for download:

    • Windows Server 2003, Enterprise Edition with SP1 (32-bit)

    • Windows Server 2003, Enterprise x64 Edition (64-bit)

    • Windows Server 2003, Enterprise Edition with SP1 for Itanium-based Systems (64-bit)

    After you have completed the download registration process, you will receive an e-mail message with a link to the download page. On the download page, you will see the version of the software that you requested to download along with a link to the downloadable file and a product key for that software. The file will be in ISO format and must be burned to a CD or DVD before you can install the software on your computer.

    The download files are large—between 550 and 700 megabytes, depending on the version you choose—so the download may take considerable time to complete. Microsoft recommends only those with broadband, ADSL, or other high-speed Internet connections attempt this download.

    • Register to download Windows Server 2003 trial software

    Wayne Wastier, Sep 25, 2005