    Windows 2003 pls ?

    Thanks

    Steve

    =?Utf-8?B?YnJheXZlaGVhcnQ=?=, Sep 20, 2006

  2. There is no standalone x64 SP1. Since the original release of Windows Server
    2003 x64 Edition was at the SP1 level, it is only available as an integrated
    "slipstream" media. So your SP1 disk is your original installation disk.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Sep 20, 2006

  3. Charlie

    thansk for your response. I was expecting the worst ! Does this mean that I
    need to do a repair install, followed by all post SP1 patches, every time
    SP1 is needed ? i.e. if I subsequently add an optional component ?!?

    Thanks

    Steve

    =?Utf-8?B?YnJheXZlaGVhcnQ=?=, Sep 20, 2006
  4. no, if you add the optional component, it's installed from your slipstreamed
    media. Which means it already HAS the SP. :)

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Sep 20, 2006
  5. =?Utf-8?B?YnJheXZlaGVhcnQ=?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Read Charlies post. There is no separate SP1. It was included in the first
    RTM release of the product.

    John Barnes, Sep 20, 2006