    In one book i read that the minimum password length is seven (7) characters
    in an other book i read six (6).
    What is the correct answer?
    Conseiller, Oct 19, 2004

  2. Conseiller

    kpg Guest

    6 and a half?
    kpg, Oct 19, 2004

  3. Conseiller

    Mike T. Guest

    "kpg" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    news:...
    > 6 and a half?

    I think if you use a character with an umlaut, it counts for two. Cranking
    out passwords like G5t8ü7 can be a fun thing to do, especially on a
    non-German keyboard.

    --
    Mike T.
    MCNGP #XLI
    Mike T., Oct 19, 2004
  4. Conseiller

    Doom Guest

    "Mike T." <root@127.0.0.1> wrote in message

    > "kpg" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    >> 6 and a half?
    >>

    > I think if you use a character with an umlaut, it counts for two. Cranking
    > out passwords like G5t8ü7 can be a fun thing to do, especially on a
    > non-German keyboard.

    Höw the he11 dö yöü type thöse dämn Ümläüts?
    Doom, Oct 19, 2004
  5. Conseiller

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Doom climbed on a soapbox & opined:

    > "Mike T." <root@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "kpg" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    >>> 6 and a half?
    >>>

    >> I think if you use a character with an umlaut, it counts for two.
    >> Cranking out passwords like G5t8ü7 can be a fun thing to do,
    >> especially on a non-German keyboard.
    >>

    > Höw the he11 dö yöü type thöse dämn Ümläüts?

    Î'm ûnçë®tâïñ ábøüt thåt.

    JãR
    JaR, Oct 19, 2004
  6. Conseiller

    Consultant Guest

    i like to use pass phrases
    very hard to crack, nay i say impossible

    Consultant, Oct 19, 2004
  7. In article <41752871$0$76514$>,
    says...

    > In one book i read that the minimum password length is seven (7) characters
    > in an other book i read six (6).
    > What is the correct answer?

    Neither. The *default* minimum is seven characters. You can look at the default
    domain policy in a Win2K3 domain to find this out.

    Laura
    Laura A. Robinson, Oct 20, 2004