    and was wondering if anyone else has taken it, and what they thought

    here are the objective
    http://www.netdesk.com/CourseInfo/Outlines/2664.ht
    =?Utf-8?B?eGFrZVA=?=, Feb 5, 2004

  2. =?Utf-8?B?eGFrZVA=?=

    bob Guest

    shite, dont waste your $$$ better off getting the book and
    studing it on own alot cheaper and you'll learn a lot more

    Professionals

    bob, Feb 5, 2004

  3. =?Utf-8?B?eGFrZVA=?=

    xakeP Guest

    I'm not paying, its for work. They are sending me there.
    They have a big fat contract so they get most these
    classes for free, so they decided to send me.

    xakeP, Feb 5, 2004
  4. =?Utf-8?B?eGFrZVA=?=

    Anonymous Guest

    I agree all boot camps are not worth the cost. First of
    all they cost way too much and your right you will
    actually learn more by just buying the books and studying
    at home!!! Save your money and don't ever go on a course
    unless its being paid for by your boss/company and invest
    in a good quality book for study. After you finish the
    exam you can always recoup some of the money you spent on
    the book by selling it on amazon or ebay!! Take care and
    bye bye.

    Anonymous, Feb 5, 2004
  5. =?Utf-8?B?eGFrZVA=?=

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    I went to a couple. My work also paid for mine.

    I found them to be not as useful as reading a book on the subject.
    Perhaps a few months down the road, Microsoft will tweak and perfect the
    class curiculum a bit more.

    One problem I have with instructor led classes is that you go off topic
    and into tangents too much. There are always at least 1 or 2 people
    trying to show off their amazing tech. abilities and great achievements
    in life.

    Things I have learnt in IT....
    #1 - the guys that don't know much - talk the most.
    #2 - the guys that know a lot - don't say much.

    Yabba Dabba Doo....

    "xakeP" <> wrote in news:acd501c3ec0f
    $e9b42df0$:

    --
    The Champ comes out swinging every morning @ 9AM.
    Remove the "removethis" from email address to email me.
    Rowdy Yates, Feb 5, 2004
  6. circa Thu, 05 Feb 2004 11:43:11 -0800, in
    microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Rowdy Yates (rowdy_yates2
    @removethis.lycos.com) said,

    > I went to a couple. My work also paid for mine.
    >
    > I found them to be not as useful as reading a book on the subject.
    > Perhaps a few months down the road, Microsoft will tweak and perfect the
    > class curiculum a bit more.
    >
    > One problem I have with instructor led classes is that you go off topic
    > and into tangents too much. There are always at least 1 or 2 people
    > trying to show off their amazing tech. abilities and great achievements
    > in life.

    Then find an instructor who can alphageek the students and shut them
    up.

    Laura
    --
    I am Dyslexia of Borg,
    Your ass will be laminated.
    Laura A. Robinson [MVP], Feb 6, 2004
  7. circa Thu, 5 Feb 2004 10:57:15 -0800, in
    microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Anonymous
    () said,
    > I agree all boot camps are not worth the cost. First of
    > all they cost way too much and your right you will
    > actually learn more by just buying the books and studying
    > at home!!! Save your money and don't ever go on a course
    > unless its being paid for by your boss/company and invest
    > in a good quality book for study. After you finish the
    > exam you can always recoup some of the money you spent on
    > the book by selling it on amazon or ebay!! Take care and
    > bye bye.

    Ummm, the course about which the OP asked is not a boot camp. It is a
    single MOC course.

    Laura
    --
    I am Dyslexia of Borg,
    Your ass will be laminated.
    Laura A. Robinson, Feb 6, 2004
  8. "Rowdy Yates" <> wrote in message

    > One problem I have with instructor led classes is that you go off topic
    > and into tangents too much. There are always at least 1 or 2 people
    > trying to show off their amazing tech. abilities and great achievements
    > in life.

    Remind them that they haven't had sex with a woman since 1995...

    ....or free sex since 1993.

    They usually shut up after that.

    --
    Politician Spock
    Thug #24601
    Politician Spock, Feb 6, 2004
  9. =?Utf-8?B?eGFrZVA=?=

    MikeF Guest

    "Laura A. Robinson" <> wrote in message
    > circa Thu, 5 Feb 2004 10:57:15 -0800, in
    > microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Anonymous
    > () said,
    > > I agree all boot camps are not worth the cost. First of
    > > all they cost way too much and your right you will
    > > actually learn more by just buying the books and studying
    > > at home!!! Save your money and don't ever go on a course
    > > unless its being paid for by your boss/company and invest
    > > in a good quality book for study. After you finish the
    > > exam you can always recoup some of the money you spent on
    > > the book by selling it on amazon or ebay!! Take care and
    > > bye bye.
    > >

    > Ummm, the course about which the OP asked is not a boot camp. It is

    > single MOC course.
    >
    > Laura

    Ummm, MOC courses, as _usually_ delivered, teach, or attempt to teach,
    the equivalent of a 600-1200 page self study text in 5 six-to-eight
    hour days. If this ain't a boot camp, it sure is a sort of boot in
    the ass.

    Mike
    MikeF, Feb 8, 2004
  10. In article <>, wallacestevens54
    @removethisfirstyahoo.com says...

    > Ummm, MOC courses, as _usually_ delivered, teach, or attempt to teach,
    > the equivalent of a 600-1200 page self study text in 5 six-to-eight
    > hour days. If this ain't a boot camp, it sure is a sort of boot in
    > the ass.

    How many Windows Server 2003 courses have you taken? Specifically,
    Windows 2003.

    It's NOT a boot camp, and no MOC course is even close to the common
    definition of a boot camp in IT.

    Laura
    Laura A. Robinson, Feb 9, 2004
  11. In article <>,
    says...

    > > Ummm, MOC courses, as _usually_ delivered, teach, or attempt to teach,
    > > the equivalent of a 600-1200 page self study text in 5 six-to-eight
    > > hour days. If this ain't a boot camp, it sure is a sort of boot in
    > > the ass.
    > >

    > How many Windows Server 2003 courses have you taken? Specifically,
    > Windows 2003.
    >
    > It's NOT a boot camp, and no MOC course is even close to the common
    > definition of a boot camp in IT.

    P.S. Consider carefully before you answer, 'cause I'll bet you dollars
    to doughnuts that I'm a lot more familiar with MOC than you are. No
    offense intended; in this newsgroup I just see a whole lot of claims to
    know something without a lot of evidence that that's actually the case.

    Laura
    Laura A. Robinson, Feb 9, 2004