Windows security Update CD needed Help

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by Lizzieb, Apr 28, 2005.

  1. Lizzieb

    Lizzieb Guest

    Lizzieb wrote:

    > I keep wishing I had a copy of Windows Security Update CD. Microsoft
    > released this free last year and it contains all security updates through
    > October 2003 for Windows 98, 98se, Millennium, 2000 and XP. However it

    is
    > unavailable now and it was free!
    > Has anyone in the UK got a copy they could send me?
    > Thanks
    > Lizzieb

    Can I throw this open to the world? The CD would really help as most of the
    systems I repair are 98/ME and although you tell customers to update windows
    you know they probably won't. Will pay postage if necessary.

    Thanks
    Liz

    Lizzieb, Apr 28, 2005

  2. On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 03:17:41 -0700, "Lizzieb" <>
    wrote:

    >Lizzieb wrote:
    >
    >> I keep wishing I had a copy of Windows Security Update CD. Microsoft
    >> released this free last year and it contains all security updates through
    >> October 2003 for Windows 98, 98se, Millennium, 2000 and XP. However it

    >is
    >> unavailable now and it was free!
    >> Has anyone in the UK got a copy they could send me?
    >> Thanks
    >> Lizzieb

    >Can I throw this open to the world? The CD would really help as most of the
    >systems I repair are 98/ME and although you tell customers to update windows
    >you know they probably won't. Will pay postage if necessary.
    >
    >Thanks
    >Liz

    If you haven't gotten one yet, send me your address, and I'll mail you
    one. Remove the double letters for my email:

    mmaarrkk@@tteeccwwoorrxx.ccoomm

    mhaase-at-springmind.com, Apr 28, 2005

  3. Lizzieb

    Spammy Sammy Guest

    "mhaase-at-springmind.com" <mhaase-at-springmind.com@> wrote in message
    > If you haven't gotten one yet, send me your address, and I'll mail you
    > one. Remove the double letters for my email:

    Hi.

    Is there any way this could be put up somewhere for download?

    Rgds.

    Spammy Sammy, May 4, 2005
  4. Lizzieb

    lizzieb Guest

    Hi - hopefully I shall get a copy soon and shall see about putting a copy up
    somewhere somehow.

    lizzieb, May 5, 2005
  5. On Thu, 5 May 2005 12:23:32 -0700 , Barry Watzman
    <> wrote:

    >Expect a letter from a Microsoft attorney if you post it.

    Really? I wouldn't think they'd care as they gave it away for free,
    as they do with the updates it contains. On top of that, they
    actually *want* peoples machines to be patched....

    Why do you think they'd obeject?

    mhaase-at-springmind.com, May 5, 2005
  6. mhaase-at-springmind.com wrote:
    > On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 03:17:41 -0700, "Lizzieb" <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>Lizzieb wrote:
    >>

    >>>I keep wishing I had a copy of Windows Security Update CD. Microsoft
    >>>released this free last year and it contains all security updates through
    >>>October 2003 for Windows 98, 98se, Millennium, 2000 and XP. However it

    >>is
    >>
    >>>unavailable now and it was free!
    >>>Has anyone in the UK got a copy they could send me?
    >>>Thanks
    >>>Lizzieb

    >>Can I throw this open to the world? The CD would really help as most of the
    >>systems I repair are 98/ME and although you tell customers to update windows
    >>you know they probably won't. Will pay postage if necessary.
    >>
    >>Thanks
    >>Liz

    > If you haven't gotten one yet, send me your address, and I'll mail you
    > one. Remove the double letters for my email:
    >
    > mmaarrkk@@tteeccwwoorrxx.ccoomm

    you can send it using http://www.yousendit.com/
    -max

    What's in a Name?, May 7, 2005