    How do i make this security centre go away? also, it has somehow managed to
    re-enable MSN messenger..all VERY annoying!!

    thanks in advance!

    the niner nation, Sep 18, 2004

  2. the niner nation

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "the niner nation" <removeTHISdipak@take thisOUT49ers98.freeserve.co.uk>
    wrote in news:cihp30$o91$:

    > Hi..I am running windows XP and downloaded a recent upgrade to it..as
    > a result, I now have something VERY annoying called' windows security
    > centre' installed into my pc which i HATE and do not want, I have a
    > firewall and norton for anti-virus and security.
    > How do i make this security centre go away? also, it has somehow
    > managed to re-enable MSN messenger..all VERY annoying!!
    >
    > thanks in advance!

    Start button/Control Panel/Perform & Maint/Admin Tools/Services and double-
    click on Security Center and disable o Service.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Sep 18, 2004

  3. the niner nation

    °Mike° Guest

    How to Disable Security Center Alerts
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/security/internet/sp2_disablescalerts.mspx

    To completely disable it, copy/paste the following into
    Notepad and save as a .reg file. Double click on the
    saved .reg file to merge it into your registry, and reboot.

    ***** <--- Omit this line
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\wscsvc]
    "Start"=dword:00000004

    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center]
    "AntiVirusDisableNotify"=dword:00000001

    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center]
    "FirewallDisableNotify"=dword:00000001

    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center]
    "UpdatesDisableNotify"=dword:00000001

    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center]
    "AntiVirusOverride"=dword:00000001

    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center]
    "FirewallOverride"=dword:00000001

    ***** <--- Omit this line

    On Sat, 18 Sep 2004 17:51:58 +0100, in
    <cihp30$o91$>
    "the niner nation" <removeTHISdipak@take thisOUT49ers98.freeserve.co.uk>
    scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Sep 18, 2004
  4. the niner nation

    SA Guest

    O thanks. I was wondering that myself.

    SA, Sep 18, 2004
  5. the niner nation

    Duane Arnold Guest

    SA wrote:

    > O thanks. I was wondering that myself.

    O you're welcome. That was a type*o* error. ;-)
    --
    Duane :)

    I run MS XP Pro and SuSE Linux Pro and I like both of them.

    Duane Arnold, Sep 18, 2004
  6. the niner nation

    rob andrews Guest

    uninstall windows xp sp2

    rob andrews, Sep 21, 2004
  7. the niner nation

    Mellowed Guest

    Just go to Control Panel, Security Center, at the bottom of 'Resources',
    click on 'Change the way Security Center Alerts Me'. Uncheck the listed
    boxes.

    Mellowed, Sep 21, 2004