Windows Security Center/Kaspersky AV problem

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Moody Marco, Jun 26, 2005.

  1. Moody Marco

    Moody Marco Guest

    I recently uninstalled Kaspersky Antivirus Personal Pro, but had to do
    it using various Kaspereky removal tools and registry deletions, as it
    wouldn't uninstall properly using Add/Remove and it's own uninstaller.
    The problem is Windows Security Center keeps telling me "Kaspersky is
    reporting that it's turned off". I've searched the registry and
    removed all traces of "Kaspersky", including one under a thread called
    Security Center > Monitoring. I've tried disabling security center's
    AV monitoring, then re-enabling, and I've tried installing new AV
    software, to no avail.

    Also tried the Microsoft Windows Installer Cleanup utility, to no avail
    (Kaspersky wasn't listed in it).

    Any ideas how to get Security Center to recognise the Kaspersky is
    uninstalled?

    Using XP Home SP2, thanks.

    Moody Marco, Jun 26, 2005