    do about it is to stop the Security Alerts from running in the first
    place. But I cannot find it listed in Start-Up or by using msconfig. Help
    .... puhleeeze!
    Puzzled, Sep 27, 2004

  2. Puzzled

    Unk Guest

    On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 01:34:14 -0400, "Puzzled" <> wrote:

    >I have installed SP2 without problems other than this one - it runs a
    >security alert and pops up with a warning before the computer has even
    >finished booting up. The message says that XP sees Norton but its status
    >is unknown, then warns me to do something about it. What I would like to
    >do about it is to stop the Security Alerts from running in the first
    >place. But I cannot find it listed in Start-Up or by using msconfig. Help
    >... puhleeeze!

    Click Start, Settings, Control Panel, Security Center.
    Click the Virus Protection "Recommendations..." button, and check the box,
    "I have an antivirus program (etc, etc), and "OK" your way out.
    Unk, Sep 27, 2004

  3. Puzzled

    Ron Martell Guest

    "Puzzled" <> wrote:

    >I have installed SP2 without problems other than this one - it runs a
    >security alert and pops up with a warning before the computer has even
    >finished booting up. The message says that XP sees Norton but its status
    >is unknown, then warns me to do something about it. What I would like to
    >do about it is to stop the Security Alerts from running in the first
    >place. But I cannot find it listed in Start-Up or by using msconfig. Help
    >... puhleeeze!

    What version of Norton to you have? Symantec has patches for some of
    their versions for this problem.

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP
    On-Line Help Computer Service

    Ron Martell, Sep 27, 2004
  4. Puzzled

    The Tech Guy Guest

    Depending on your version of norton
    all u might need to do is launch live update and manually update norton
    or check out

    http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/sp2/faq.html

    --
    Jason

    For all your Spyware, Adware, Virus Removal & File Sharing tools
    http://www.supportcave.com/spy-sweeper.html

    The Tech Guy, Sep 28, 2004