  1. Guest

    Is that something that can be ignored?
    , Oct 21, 2007

  2. Mr. Arnold Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Is that something that can be ignored?

    It depends upon where it's coming from. Who is sending the alert? Sometimes
    a vendor with a malware detection software will send alerts to get you all
    hot and bothered with you thinking you need a product because you got an
    alert.
    Mr. Arnold, Oct 21, 2007

  3. Paul Guest

    wrote:
    > Is that something that can be ignored?

    Why not use a search engine, and search for "Windows Security Alert",
    complete with the double quotes ? You're bound to find references
    to adware, trojans, and viruses. And the fact that it happened, should
    tell you that you could pick up something more serious in the future.

    http://www.cforum.net/forums/showthread.php?p=507593

    Paul
    Paul, Oct 21, 2007
  4. Robert Baer Guest

    wrote:
    > Is that something that can be ignored?

    If an e-mail, i can absolutely guarantee that 1) it did not come from
    M$, 2) it is a scam at best and virii that should be tossed.
    If possible, use webmail configured to serve ASCII even if e-mail is
    like a webpage (so HTML, Java etc code cannot execute), and configure it
    to treat such junk as SPAM (because that's what it is).
    Since such crap is on the server, it cannot attack your computer just
    be receiving the e-mail via a local e-mail client.
    The server filtering shoud toss at least 90 percent of such trash.
    Robert Baer, Oct 22, 2007