Windows Search 4.0 for Vista x64 released

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Carlos, Jun 4, 2008.

  1. Carlos

    Carlos Guest

    Carlos, Jun 4, 2008

  2. Re: Windows Search 4.0 for Vista x64 released <----------sorry toburst your bubble, but this is NOT for VISTA (Windows Search 4.0 for WindowsXP x64 Edition (KB940157) follow your link !!!!

    Did you take the time to read the pages and find a link that
    takes you to:

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...5E-B52A-489C-A935-172F0002C492&displaylang=en

    If yiou had you would see where is plainly states in English
    "This download is for Microsoft Windows Vista (x64) Service
    Pack 1 or higher and Microsoft Windows Server 2008 only."

    Sorry to burst your bubble, but you need to learn to read!

    Bobby Johnson, Jun 5, 2008

  3. Carlos

    R. C. White Guest

    Re: Windows Search 4.0 for Vista x64 released <----------sorry to burst your bubble, but this is NOT for VISTA (Windows Search 4.0 for Windows XP x64 Edition (KB940157) follow your link !!!!

    Hello, Results.

    I just downloaded WS4.0 from the first link in Carlos' post and installed it
    on my Vista Ultimate x64. No problems at all. ;<)

    I do have a couple of gripes. First, it apparently abandoned my old Index
    and started building a new one without so much as a "May I?" Indexing
    Options was up to about 1.5 million items and reported Indexing Complete.
    Now it started with 15 items and "speed reduced due to user activity." So I
    can't really test it until the index finishes rebuilding - in a day or two.

    My second gripe is that it is so hard to find out whether it is version 4.0.
    The only confirmation that I found is in Windows Update, where I have to ask
    for Details of the newly installed KB 940157, which does report: Microsoft
    Windows Search 4.0".

    RC
    --
    R. C. White, CPA