  1. I have just installed Windows XP Pro x64 and now I have several programs that
    will not run due to windows script host not present. Is there a version of
    windows script host for this O/S or a way around it?

    =?Utf-8?B?SXJiZmx5aW5n?=, Oct 23, 2006

  2. Irbflying wrote:

    >I have just installed Windows XP Pro x64 and now I have several programs
    >that
    >will not run due to windows script host not present. Is there a version of
    >windows script host for this O/S or a way around it?

    Windows Script Host is definitely there by default.

    Look under C:\Windows\System32 and you'll find both CSCRIPT.EXE and
    WSCRIPT.EXE, the command-line and Windows based versions respectively.

    --
    Steve Foster [SBS MVP]
    ---------------------------------------

    Steve Foster [SBS MVP], Oct 23, 2006

  3. "Steve Foster [SBS MVP]" wrote:

    > Irbflying wrote:
    >
    > >I have just installed Windows XP Pro x64 and now I have several programs
    > >that
    > >will not run due to windows script host not present. Is there a version of
    > >windows script host for this O/S or a way around it?

    > Windows Script Host is definitely there by default.
    >
    > Look under C:\Windows\System32 and you'll find both CSCRIPT.EXE and
    > WSCRIPT.EXE, the command-line and Windows based versions respectively.
    >
    > --
    > Steve Foster [SBS MVP]
    > ---------------------------------------

    The program in question does not locate it. Is it possible that it is
    looking for a different file name?

    =?Utf-8?B?SXJiZmx5aW5n?=, Oct 23, 2006
  4. Irbflying wrote:

    >"Steve Foster [SBS MVP]" wrote:
    >
    >>Irbflying wrote:
    >>
    >>>I have just installed Windows XP Pro x64 and now I have several programs
    >>>that
    >>>will not run due to windows script host not present. Is there a version
    >>>of
    >>>windows script host for this O/S or a way around it?

    >>Windows Script Host is definitely there by default.
    >>
    >>Look under C:\Windows\System32 and you'll find both CSCRIPT.EXE and
    >>WSCRIPT.EXE, the command-line and Windows based versions respectively.
    >>
    >>--
    >>Steve Foster [SBS MVP]
    >>---------------------------------------

    >The program in question does not locate it. Is it possible that it is
    >looking for a different file name?

    [WC]Script.exe has always been the name. There's versions in the SysWOW64
    folder too, for 32-bit applications.

    What's the program?

    --
    Steve Foster [SBS MVP]
    ---------------------------------------

    Steve Foster [SBS MVP], Oct 23, 2006
  5. "Steve Foster [SBS MVP]" wrote:

    > Irbflying wrote:

    > >>Windows Script Host is definitely there by default.
    > >>
    > >>Look under C:\Windows\System32 and you'll find both CSCRIPT.EXE and
    > >>WSCRIPT.EXE, the command-line and Windows based versions respectively.
    > >>
    > >>--
    > >>Steve Foster [SBS MVP]
    > >>---------------------------------------

    > >The program in question does not locate it. Is it possible that it is
    > >looking for a different file name?

    > [WC]Script.exe has always been the name. There's versions in the SysWOW64
    > folder too, for 32-bit applications.
    >
    > What's the program?
    >
    > --
    > Steve Foster [SBS MVP]

    I think the problem is the program is looking in the system32 files and not
    sysWOW64. I have made this machine a dual boot with Win XP Pro and it works
    fine now. Thanks for your input.

    =?Utf-8?B?SXJiZmx5aW5n?=, Oct 23, 2006
  6. I found the same problems when I started using x64 with my current vbscripts.
    I had to start each .vbs,.wsh etc scripts with the compiler example:
    cscript.exe c:\test.vbs and then it worked fine.
    KK

    =?Utf-8?B?S0s=?=, Oct 31, 2006