Windows Script Control (msscript.ocx) not working in 64 bit!?

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by LeFourge, Mar 2, 2006.

  1. LeFourge

    LeFourge Guest

    Hello,

    I can't make the MsScript control objects to works under Windows XP 64.

    c++ code:
    CComPtr<IScriptControl> spScriptCtrl;
    HRESULT hr = spScriptCtrl.CoCreateInstance(
    L"MSScriptControl.ScriptControl",
    NULL,
    The project is working fine in a 32 bits process, but not in 64 bits.
    (Same source code, same OS, same computer)

    It looks like this component do not exist in 64 bits!
    Does it exist another way/objects, that replace MsScript.OCX for 64 bits
    applications ?

    Regards,
    Le Fourge
    LeFourge, Mar 2, 2006

  2. Hi,

    There are not 64 bit replacements for all the 32 bit controls. When
    I write a vb 2005 application that uses a 32 bit control I need to compile
    it as a x86 application for it to work.

    Ken

    Ken Tucker [MVP], Mar 3, 2006

  3. Hi,
    Thank you for the confirmation.

    I'm now investigating about IActiveScript and IActiveScriptParse interfaces.
    There is maybe a chance to replace our actual code by using those objects.
    I'll let you known if it works.

    Regards,
    Le Fourge.

    =?Utf-8?B?TGUgRm91cmdl?=, Mar 3, 2006