    the shortfall, but WGA is supposed to have been quite effective in putting
    a stop to that. Therefore the only answer left, that I can think of, is
    that customers are moving to other operating systems.
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Apr 25, 2008

  2. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Gordon Guest

    On 2008-04-25, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <_zealand> wrote:
    > Some people (including myself) were wondering, if there was such a big
    > customer backlash against Vista, why it hasn't been reflected in
    > Microsoft's bottom line.

    Look, Vista, see the pun?

    MS Vista (TM) started out with so many things it was going to deliver. In
    the end it only delivered some eye candy. Many people have big enough eyes
    and thought that their eyes should stay away from the candy.

    In short, the customers yawned.

    > In times past it was an automatic response to blame piracy of Windows for
    > the shortfall, but WGA is supposed to have been quite effective in putting
    > a stop to that.

    No, WGA, stops people from updating a pirated version of Vista. No doubt
    this also has been cracked. If not does it matter?
    Gordon, Apr 25, 2008

  3. In article <>, Brian Mathews did
    write:

    > On Fri, 25 Apr 2008 13:16:37 +1200, Lawrence D'Oliveiro
    > <_zealand> wrote:
    >
    >>Some people (including myself) were wondering, if there was such a big
    >>customer backlash against Vista, why it hasn't been reflected in
    >>Microsoft's bottom line.
    >>
    >>Looks like the chickens have finally come home to roost. Microsoft's
    >>latest quarterly sales figures don't look very bright
    >><http://www.microsoft-watch.com/content/corporate/microsoft_q3_2008_by_the_numbers.html>.
    >>Overall sales are flat, with definite declines in its "Client"
    >>and "Business" divisions. Particularly significant is that Microsoft is
    >>reporting that Windows sales growth will fall short of PC sales growth.
    >>
    >>In times past it was an automatic response to blame piracy of Windows for
    >>the shortfall, but WGA is supposed to have been quite effective in putting
    >>a stop to that. Therefore the only answer left, that I can think of, is
    >>that customers are moving to other operating systems.

    > Also WGA has been cracked every time its been update ...

    I find that hard to believe. After all, Microsoft wouldn't have persisted
    with it for so many years in that case, would they? They're not stupid
    enough to keep on with something that achieves no purpose but to antagonize
    their customers, are they? Such a course would only drive down their
    sales ...

    .... oh wait ...
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Apr 25, 2008
  4. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Will Spencer Guest

    On Fri, 25 Apr 2008 17:07:08 +1200, Brian Mathews wrote:

    > On Fri, 25 Apr 2008 13:16:37 +1200, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <_zealand> wrote:
    >
    >>Some people (including myself) were wondering, if there was such a big
    >>customer backlash against Vista, why it hasn't been reflected in
    >>Microsoft's bottom line.
    >>
    >>Looks like the chickens have finally come home to roost. Microsoft's latest
    >>quarterly sales figures don't look very bright
    >><http://www.microsoft-watch.com/content/corporate/microsoft_q3_2008_by_the_numbers.html>.
    >>Overall sales are flat, with definite declines in its "Client"
    >>and "Business" divisions. Particularly significant is that Microsoft is
    >>reporting that Windows sales growth will fall short of PC sales growth.
    >>
    >>In times past it was an automatic response to blame piracy of Windows for
    >>the shortfall, but WGA is supposed to have been quite effective in putting
    >>a stop to that. Therefore the only answer left, that I can think of, is
    >>that customers are moving to other operating systems.

    > What utter Rubbish you post, What other OS's
    >

    > Also WGA has been cracked every time its been update, Plus you do not need to activate a corporate
    > version and its possible to get the updated from else ware..
    >
    > Why not leave this group alone and set up your own Lunix group.
    >
    > You are a very sick person..
    >

    > I am totally fed up with your constant attacking on Microsoft..

    Linux isn't important enough to warrant it's own nz.* usenet group.

    Imagine Lawrence talking to himself all day, the poor guy would go insane.
    He should probably stay here with all the important people who use
    Microsoft OS's.

    -ws
    Will Spencer, Apr 28, 2008
  5. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Guest

    On Mon, 28 Apr 2008 11:39:38 +1200, Will Spencer wrote:

    > On Fri, 25 Apr 2008 17:07:08 +1200, Brian Mathews wrote:
    >
    >> On Fri, 25 Apr 2008 13:16:37 +1200, Lawrence D'Oliveiro
    >> <_zealand> wrote:
    >>

    >> You are a very sick person..
    >>

    >> I am totally fed up with your constant attacking on Microsoft..

    > Linux isn't important enough to warrant it's own nz.* usenet group.
    >
    > Imagine Lawrence talking to himself all day, the poor guy would go
    > insane. He should probably stay here with all the important people who
    > use Microsoft OS's.
    >
    > -ws

    Lmao ...

    Biggles