    x64. I've used the drive successfully for more than 6 months on
    32-bit systems and once on a Vista beta. Anyone have a suggestion?

    , Sep 8, 2006

  2. John Barnes Guest

    Suggest you post your error code and message now that you have your BSOD

    John Barnes, Sep 8, 2006

  3. You can easily find this information by clicking Start > All Programs >
    Maintenance > Problem Reports & Solutions >
    View Problem History:

    Right click any reports relating to the error messages you are now seeing, >
    click View Details copy the contents of the report here or send it to
    Microsoft using the Feedback link on the desktop.
    --
    http://adacosta.spaces.live.com

    Andre Da Costa [ActiveWin], Sep 8, 2006
  4. Guest

    STOP: 0x0000007F (0x0000000000000008, 0x0000000080050031,
    0x00000000000006F8, 0xFFFFFADFL6E70DE3)
    USBPORT.SYS - address FFFFFADFL6E70DE3 base at FFFFFADFC6E6100,
    Datestamp 42435eb4

    Andre Da Costa [ActiveWin] wrote:
    > You can easily find this information by clicking Start > All Programs >
    > Maintenance > Problem Reports & Solutions >
    > View Problem History:
    >
    > Right click any reports relating to the error messages you are now seeing, >
    > click View Details copy the contents of the report here or send it to
    > Microsoft using the Feedback link on the desktop.
    > --
    > http://adacosta.spaces.live.com
    >
    > "John Barnes" <> wrote in message
    > > Suggest you post your error code and message now that you have your BSOD
    > >

    > > <> wrote in message
    > >> After connecting my USB hard drive my system will reboot. I've tried
    > >> turning off the "auto restart on errors" feature only to meet a
    > >> blue screen instead. This is occurring after a first time install of
    > >> x64. I've used the drive successfully for more than 6 months on
    > >> 32-bit systems and once on a Vista beta. Anyone have a suggestion?

    , Sep 8, 2006
  5. The only thing I can say the top of my head is, it has something to do with
    the USB Port - LOL. The best thing you can do is send in a report using the
    Feedback link on your desktop.

    Andre Da Costa [ActiveWin], Sep 8, 2006
  6. TechnoC:
    I had the same blue screen concern with a Bytecc enclosure with x64.
    I put the same hard drive in another enclosure and it works without errors,
    then I put a DVD/RW drive in the Bytecc enclosure and it functions normally.
    I don't have an answer to why it happens but some external enclosures are
    incompatible with x64.

    Dennis Pack x64, vista rc1 x86 & x64, Sep 8, 2006
  7. When I firsrt installed X64 last year, I had the same thing happen the first
    few times I put a jump drive into a USB port. The slightest movement of the
    drive caused a reboot. Then after a few times it just stopped rebooting and
    has worked fine since.

    "Dennis Pack x64, vista rc1 x86 & x64" <> wrote
    in message news:u2HL$...

    Dennis Gordon, Sep 10, 2006
  8. I have had a similar issue with the 32 bit Vista RC1.

    I've submitted bug reports, have asked about it online, and have been pretty
    thoroughly ignored by everyone.

    So, good luck.

    =?Utf-8?B?Qmxhc3Rkb29y?=, Sep 20, 2006