Windows Registry Repair

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by ahaa, Sep 22, 2007.

  1. ahaa

    ahaa Guest

    ahaa, Sep 22, 2007

  2. ahaa

    chuckcar Guest

    ahaa <> wrote in
    news::

    > Repair Windows Registry http://windowsfreetips.blogspot.com/

    Note windows has *come* with a registry repair program called scanreg
    since 98. scanreg/fix works on any post 95 version of windows. Any
    removing of keys due to improperly uninstalled programs is nitpicking
    for a few kiloboyes of free disk space at best.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Sep 22, 2007

  3. ahaa

    Bill Stout Guest

    chuckcar wrote:
    > ahaa <> wrote in
    >
    >> Repair Windows Registry http://windowsfreetips.blogspot.com/
    >>

    > Note windows has *come* with a registry repair program called scanreg
    > since 98. scanreg/fix works on any post 95 version of windows. Any
    > removing of keys due to improperly uninstalled programs is nitpicking
    > for a few kiloboyes of free disk space at best.

    so the path to use this in vista would be start>run>type in
    "scanreg/fix?" without quotes, press ok? No spaces?

    Bill
    Bill Stout, Sep 22, 2007
  4. ahaa

    Guest

    Bill Stout <> wrote:

    >chuckcar wrote:
    >> ahaa <> wrote in
    >>
    >>> Repair Windows Registry http://windowsfreetips.blogspot.com/
    >>>

    >> Note windows has *come* with a registry repair program called scanreg
    >> since 98. scanreg/fix works on any post 95 version of windows. Any
    >> removing of keys due to improperly uninstalled programs is nitpicking
    >> for a few kiloboyes of free disk space at best.

    >so the path to use this in vista would be start>run>type in
    >"scanreg/fix?" without quotes, press ok? No spaces?

    Scanreg is a Win98 program.

    best registry programs you can run are ERUNT and NTREGOPT

    MS will Downgrade you from preinstalled Vista to XP.
    www.news.com/The-XP-alternative-for-Vista-PCs/2100-1016_3-6209481.html
    , Sep 22, 2007
  5. ahaa

    chuckcar Guest

    wrote in

    > Bill Stout <> wrote:
    >
    >>chuckcar wrote:
    >>> ahaa <> wrote in

    >>> Note windows has *come* with a registry repair program called
    >>> scanreg since 98. scanreg/fix works on any post 95 version of
    >>> windows. Any removing of keys due to improperly uninstalled programs
    >>> is nitpicking for a few kiloboyes of free disk space at best.

    >>so the path to use this in vista would be start>run>type in
    >>"scanreg/fix?" without quotes, press ok? No spaces?

    > Scanreg is a Win98 program.

    It works in millenium and XP as well. It just appeared *first* in 98.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Sep 23, 2007
  6. ahaa

    Guest

    chuckcar <> wrote:

    >> Scanreg is a Win98 program.
    >>

    >It works in millenium and XP as well. It just appeared *first* in 98.

    I never count ME as nobody used it, Scanreg never made it to the NT
    OS.

    (XP:)
    Start | Run <type in>
    %windir%\hh.exe ms-its:%windir%\Windows\Help\ntcmds.chm::/ntcmds.htm
    <enter>
    --

    MS will Downgrade you from preinstalled Vista to XP.
    www.news.com/The-XP-alternative-for-Vista-PCs/2100-1016_3-6209481.html
    , Sep 23, 2007
  7. ahaa

    VanguardLH Guest