Windows rebooting constantly

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by Good-Luck, Aug 6, 2003.

  1. Good-Luck

    Good-Luck Guest

    I tried to install Win2k on an old P11 266MHZ.

    New Ide hard drive 40 ghz

    128 RAM

    first I was unable to installed the Win2k on this PC , then took the hard
    drive to another PC, where I successfully installed the Windows, I took the
    hard drive back to the P11. No error message at bootup but after displaying
    the text starting Windows, just before it starts the GUI the PC
    automatically power down and restart.

    I have swap the power supply, and tried with a functioning one from another
    PC. Keep getting the same problem
    I have swap the video card, and tried with a functioning one from another
    PC. Keep getting the same problem
    Tried decreasing the Memory that will not help.
    Do anyone have any idea what could be the problem.
    Thanks in advance

    Good-Luck, Aug 6, 2003