    after restart appear again that message. Anybody can advice me?
    Thanks for advance.
    Antoy

    Antoy, Jul 2, 2004

  2. Antoy

    Brian Guest

    "Antoy" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    news:...
    > Hi!
    > I bought new copmuter, P4 2.4, 80GB H.D, 512 RAM, Asrock motherboard.
    > When I installed win98, message appeared "while initalized device
    > NDIS: windows protection error. You need to restart your computer" but
    > after restart appear again that message. Anybody can advice me?
    > Thanks for advance.
    > Antoy

    why are u using win 98 with such a powerfull pc?

    Brian, Jul 2, 2004

  3. Antoy

    why? Guest

    On 2 Jul 2004 09:06:13 -0700, Antoy wrote:

    >Hi!
    >I bought new copmuter, P4 2.4, 80GB H.D, 512 RAM, Asrock motherboard.
    >When I installed win98, message appeared "while initalized device

    IIRC this happened on machines when the CPU was to fast for the startup
    tests (in built do nothing delay loop) to run. That was very popular
    message MS displayed if using AMD processors many years ago.

    >NDIS: windows protection error. You need to restart your computer" but
    >after restart appear again that message. Anybody can advice me?

    www.google.com there are several, well at least 1 reference to windows
    protection error.

    If you change - 'initalized' to 'initializing' in the text you have.

    So it's,

    while initialized device NDIS: windows protection error

    then search www.google.com the 1st hit is a W98 discussion.

    Searching for,

    windows protection error win 98

    1st hit is,

    315854 - Windows 98 and Windows Me Error Message Resource Center
    .... Click here to view a list of General Protection Fault articles. ...
    Windows Me Error Messages. Windows 98 Error Messages. Missing or Damaged
    Files. ...
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=315854 - 17k - Cached -
    Similar pages

    Add 'ndis' to last search

    Results 1 - 10 of about 775 English pages for
    windows protection error win 98 ndis
    (0.29 seconds)

    Another search, 1st hit for -

    troubleshoot windows protection error win 98

    is,

    149962 - How to Troubleshoot Windows Protection Error Messages
    .... If you are searching for troubleshooting information that is not ...
    Windows Protection
    error messages can occur under any of the ... If either the Win.com file
    or the ...
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;q149962 - 20k -
    Cached - Similar pages

    Me

    why?, Jul 2, 2004
  4. Antoy wrote:

    > Hi!
    > I bought new copmuter, P4 2.4, 80GB H.D, 512 RAM, Asrock motherboard.
    > When I installed win98, message appeared "while initalized device
    > NDIS: windows protection error. You need to restart your computer" but
    > after restart appear again that message. Anybody can advice me?
    > Thanks for advance.
    > Antoy

    You're trying to run a Lamborghini with a Model A operating system. That's
    your problem.
    --
    Gary G. Taylor * Rialto, CA

    Gary G. Taylor, Jul 2, 2004