    Atholon 1ghz
    256 ram
    64meg graphics

    F@t Bloke, Oct 6, 2003

  2. F@t Bloke

    Bobby Tupper Guest

    "F@t Bloke" <> wrote in message
    news:3f81a36d@212.67.96.135...
    > My other PC runs on Win Me and has no internet connection. It is

    really only
    > used for games and stuff!
    > On Saturday when booting up, it gave a blue screen error,... Windows
    > protection error, please restart your computer, system halted!
    > On restart, it goes into DOS mode select options, safe mode, normal

    mode
    > etc, but will not boot to normal mode. I have not got a virus as far

    as i
    > know as this pc is only used for family stuff and has no internet

    access!

    > Atholon 1ghz
    > 256 ram
    > 64meg graphics

    poo

    Bobby Tupper, Oct 6, 2003

  3. F@t Bloke

    °Mike° Guest

    "Windows Protection Error. System Halted" Error Message
    Received After Upgrade to Windows Millennium Edition

    How to Troubleshoot Windows Protection Error Messages

    On Mon, 6 Oct 2003 18:16:22 +0100, in
    <3f81a36d@212.67.96.135>
    F@t Bloke scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Oct 6, 2003
  4. F@t Bloke

    Plato Guest

    F@t Bloke wrote:

    > My other PC runs on Win Me and has no internet connection. It is really only
    > used for games and stuff!
    > On Saturday when booting up, it gave a blue screen error,... Windows
    > protection error, please restart your computer, system halted!

    Often just re-seating the ram fixes that. Corrosion I suppose.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Oct 6, 2003