    if any of the disks is defective now so that I can return it to the
    store for a replacement. Thanks!

    , Dec 29, 2004

  2. unclejr Guest

    wrote:
    > Is there any software available for Windows that will check the
    > integrity of a DVD so that I don't have to personally sit down and
    > watch the whole thing to verify that the disk is not scratched
    > (or that any visible scratches, blemishes, ... do not impact the
    > playability of the DVD). I'm asking because within the last few
    > months I purchased quite a few DVD sets (Star Trek Original Series,
    > Lost in Space, ...). There is no way that I am going to be able
    > to watch every one of the DVDs contained in each set within the
    > 30 day period from the time of purchase. I would like to know
    > if any of the disks is defective now so that I can return it to the
    > store for a replacement. Thanks!

    CDCheck does this for free:
    <http://www.elpros.si/CDCheck/download.php>

    HTH,

    -Junior

    unclejr, Dec 30, 2004

  3. FAQmeister Guest

    "unclejr" <> wrote in message
    > wrote:
    >> Is there any software available for Windows that will check the
    >> integrity of a DVD so that I don't have to personally sit down and
    >> watch the whole thing to verify that the disk is not scratched
    >> (or that any visible scratches, blemishes, ... do not impact the
    >> playability of the DVD). I'm asking because within the last few
    >> months I purchased quite a few DVD sets (Star Trek Original Series,
    >> Lost in Space, ...). There is no way that I am going to be able
    >> to watch every one of the DVDs contained in each set within the
    >> 30 day period from the time of purchase. I would like to know
    >> if any of the disks is defective now so that I can return it to the
    >> store for a replacement. Thanks!

    > CDCheck does this for free:
    > <http://www.elpros.si/CDCheck/download.php>
    >
    > HTH,
    >
    > -Junior

    I didn't see anything about checking DVDs on that site.
    --
    Buford T. Justice
    The alt.video.dvd faq is located at:

    FAQmeister, Dec 30, 2004
  4. Dan P. Guest

    "FAQmeister" <> wrote in message
    > "unclejr" <> wrote in message
    >> wrote:
    >>> Is there any software available for Windows that will check the
    >>> integrity of a DVD so that I don't have to personally sit down and
    >>> watch the whole thing to verify that the disk is not scratched
    >>> (or that any visible scratches, blemishes, ... do not impact the
    >>> playability of the DVD). I'm asking because within the last few
    >>> months I purchased quite a few DVD sets (Star Trek Original Series,
    >>> Lost in Space, ...). There is no way that I am going to be able
    >>> to watch every one of the DVDs contained in each set within the
    >>> 30 day period from the time of purchase. I would like to know
    >>> if any of the disks is defective now so that I can return it to the
    >>> store for a replacement. Thanks!

    >> CDCheck does this for free:
    >> <http://www.elpros.si/CDCheck/download.php>
    >>
    >> HTH,
    >>
    >> -Junior

    > I didn't see anything about checking DVDs on that site.
    > --
    > Buford T. Justice

    It's on their "Information" page...and it's mentioned several times. Here's
    the link:

    http://www.elpros.si/CDCheck/helplink.php?helpfn=overview

    Dan

    Dan P., Dec 31, 2004
  5. unclejr Guest

    FAQmeister wrote:
    > I didn't see anything about checking DVDs on that site.

    I guess that I have to lead a horse to water AND make him drink:

    <http://www.elpros.si/CDCheck/>
    The germane text:

    "CDCheck does support DVDs!"

    -Junior

    unclejr, Dec 31, 2004
  6. Jon Purkey Guest

    On 31 Dec 2004 06:21:32 -0800, "unclejr" <> wrote:

    >I guess that I have to lead a horse to water AND make him drink:
    >
    ><http://www.elpros.si/CDCheck/>
    >The germane text:
    >
    >"CDCheck does support DVDs!"

    And DVD-R too it appears. I used it on a DVD-R that I knew had an
    error (1-2 second freeze during playback) and it found it. I'm now
    using it to test the test of the DVD-Rs I recorded. All is well so
    far, at least with the Panasonic DVD-Rs. It was a Memorex that had the
    error.

    -
    -Jon Purkey - <)

    Jon Purkey, Jan 1, 2005