    --
    Denise

    ~ If you don't know where you came from, you won't know where you're going.
    =?Utf-8?B?RGVuaXNl?=, May 10, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?RGVuaXNl?=

    Theo Guest

    The files in your Windows folder are normal. I have lots of
    them. They're put there by Windows update and during
    installation of various programs.

    I don't have any idea what happened to your Prefetch folder.
    Windows should have made the Prefetch folder during the
    initial installation. The following information at:
    http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=331072 was
    found by Googling for "missing prefetch folder".

    Theo, May 10, 2007

  3. Hi Theo, Thanks for responding.
    I followed the directions given in the link to create a new Prefetch folder
    but I got an error message when I tried to start Task Scheduler and it
    wouldn't start. I've been getting a number of error messages for simple
    things so I think the Windows repair didn't do the trick. I also repaired
    permissions but that didn't help either. I'm going to reformat the drive
    and start from scratch. I've done it before and I know it's a lot of work
    and very time consuming to install all my programs again but it beats getting
    error messages every time I want to do something and creating fixes to
    resolve the problems.

    =?Utf-8?B?RGVuaXNl?=, May 10, 2007