    does anyone know how can i stop that, get rip of them?
    HELP!
    Thanks for advance, thanks for any of your reply.
    Wafer, Oct 15, 2003

  2. Wafer

    T.N.O. Guest

    "Wafer" wrote
    > does anyone know how can i stop that, get rip of them?

    start, run, services.msc scroll down the one called "messenger service"
    right click, chose properties, where it says "startup type" change that to
    either manual or disabled(disabled is probably ok, most home PC's dont need
    this service), click on stop, click on apply, then ok, then close the
    services window.

    That should do it.
    T.N.O., Oct 15, 2003

  3. Suddenly, Wafer sprang forth and uttered these pithy words:
    > There is an annoying pop up message from the windows,
    > sort of messager service sending by the third party rather than Microsoft,
    > all about the garbage advertising, damn annoying,
    > does anyone know how can i stop that, get rip of them?
    > HELP!
    > Thanks for advance, thanks for any of your reply.

    This means you are unprotected from hackers, so as well as turning off
    the messenger service, download ZoneAlarm free edition

    http://www.zonelabs.com

    at the bottom of "Direct Links"

    --
    aaronl at consultant dot com