    some little dots that I can't make out.
    Windows XP Home,
    thanks,Jeff
    McWideGlide, Aug 5, 2006

  2. McWideGlide

    why? Guest

    On Sat, 05 Aug 2006 16:16:48 GMT, McWideGlide wrote:

    >I have noticed on our computer that when I receive a picture in outlook
    >express it sometimes opens in the Windows Picture and Fax Viewer. I can then
    >scroll through so many other pictures that must have been looked at before.
    >I have done a search to try and find this program and the search comes up
    >empty. I would like to clean all these pictures, mostly advertisements, and
    >some little dots that I can't make out.

    Why are you looking for the program when you want to clear out the old
    pictures?

    Have you tried My Documents / My Pictures , looking through the
    Documents and Settings folder for the particular user?

    BTW IIRC, you can however check with Google the MS PAFV isn't called
    that, it's either a DLL of it's own or embedded in something else as an
    mini app. One of the drawback with the tight integration of OS/MSIE/OE
    stuff.

    >Windows XP Home,
    >thanks,Jeff

    Me
    why?, Aug 5, 2006

  3. McWideGlide

    Tom Guest

    AFAIK, the files are saved in your Temporary Internet Files folder,
    specifically under a folder Content.IE5.

    You may have to either manually type the address or navigate there by
    unhiding all files:

    C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAMEr\Local Settings\Temporary Internet
    Files

    Tom, Aug 13, 2006