Windows picture viewer gone and having problems getting it back

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by TH, Sep 16, 2007.

  1. TH

    TH Guest

    For some reason, my windows picture viewer disappeared on my computer,
    I have no idea why. I went to the Microsoft site and went through the
    ridiculously long process of downloading it again. It has to verify
    your windows, etc. etc.. Well, after going through this three hour
    process for some stupid simple software that should take five minutes
    to download, it's done nothing. I still do not have the windows
    picture viewer and it says I have to have some new version os windows
    sp2 and I'm done downloading crap from microsoft, in fact, I'm almost
    ready to chuck out this PC altogether and all the windows software
    I've collectd over the years because I'm tired of crap like this.

    All I want is to be able to click on a jpg or gif on my computer and
    have that windows picture viewer pop up, or be able to look at
    "thumbnails" in the windows explorers and see the pictures. Is there
    some other way of getting this viewer?????? I've looked on
    download.com and all there is are ones I have to pay for and I do not
    want to pay for something that I already had and should be free. Any
    help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

    TH, Sep 16, 2007

  2. TH

    who'sthat Guest

    On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 17:12:57 -0700, TH <>
    wrote:

    >For some reason, my windows picture viewer disappeared on my computer,
    >I have no idea why. I went to the Microsoft site and went through the
    >ridiculously long process of downloading it again. It has to verify
    >your windows, etc. etc.. Well, after going through this three hour
    >process for some stupid simple software that should take five minutes
    >to download, it's done nothing. I still do not have the windows
    >picture viewer and it says I have to have some new version os windows
    >sp2 and I'm done downloading crap from microsoft, in fact, I'm almost
    >ready to chuck out this PC altogether and all the windows software
    >I've collectd over the years because I'm tired of crap like this.
    >
    >All I want is to be able to click on a jpg or gif on my computer and
    >have that windows picture viewer pop up, or be able to look at
    >"thumbnails" in the windows explorers and see the pictures. Is there
    >some other way of getting this viewer?????? I've looked on
    >download.com and all there is are ones I have to pay for and I do not
    >want to pay for something that I already had and should be free. Any
    >help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

    What did MS say when you emailed them?

    who'sthat, Sep 16, 2007

  3. TH

    Guest

    TH <> wrote:

    >For some reason, my windows picture viewer disappeared on my computer,
    >I have no idea why. I went to the Microsoft site and went through the
    >ridiculously long process of downloading it again. It has to verify
    >your windows, etc. etc.. Well, after going through this three hour
    >process for some stupid simple software that should take five minutes
    >to download, it's done nothing. I still do not have the windows
    >picture viewer and it says I have to have some new version os windows
    >sp2 and I'm done downloading crap from microsoft, in fact, I'm almost
    >ready to chuck out this PC altogether and all the windows software
    >I've collectd over the years because I'm tired of crap like this.
    >
    >All I want is to be able to click on a jpg or gif on my computer and
    >have that windows picture viewer pop up, or be able to look at
    >"thumbnails" in the windows explorers and see the pictures. Is there
    >some other way of getting this viewer?????? I've looked on
    >download.com and all there is are ones I have to pay for and I do not
    >want to pay for something that I already had and should be free. Any
    >help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

    Sure don't know what you downloaded but to enable that feature

    Start | Run <type in>
    regsvr32 shimgvw.dll
    <enter>

    link (most people try to disable the pos)
    http://www.tweakxp.com/article36689.aspx

    I wouldn't fix it, I'd just install IrfanView to replace it
    http://www.irfanview.com/

    --

    Dinner looking for lunch
    http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/9961/coconutcrab2zt4.jpg