    On another computer, Windows Picture and FAX Viewer opens
    automatically on the same JPG file.

    Thanks

    William Reitz, Jun 29, 2004

  2. William Reitz

    Unk Guest

    On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 17:30:55 GMT, William Reitz <> wrote:

    >Does anyone know what the execution file is for the Windowa Picture
    >and Fax Viewer. I try to open some JPG files on this computer and get
    >box advising no application is associated with this type file. I have
    >option of selecting an application but don't know what program exe
    >file to use.
    >
    >On another computer, Windows Picture and FAX Viewer opens
    >automatically on the same JPG file.
    >
    >Thanks

    MSPaint is capable of viewing those files.

    The Windows Picture and FAX Viewer is only available on WinXP.
    If the other machine is XP, then it's been disabled.

    Disable Windows Picture and Fax Viewer
    http://www.tweakxp.com/tweak148.aspx
    By default, Windows XP opens all picture files (gif,jpg,...) with the
    included Windows Picture and Fax Viewer no matter what other
    picture viewers you have installed. To disable the Windows Picture and Fax
    Viewer, unregister shimgvw.dll. This can be done
    from command prompt, or the Start, Run box.
    regsvr32 /u shimgvw.dll

    Additional note: unregistering shimgvw.dll will also disable thumbnail view
    in Explorer and may cause problems changing user account and desktop
    background pictures, and user icons. To reenable Picture and Fax viewer
    again type: regsvr32 shimgvw.dll

    Disable or Restore Picture and Fax Viewer:
    See Article #80

    Unk, Jun 29, 2004

  3. William Reitz

    °Mike° Guest

    Use IrfanView or PhotoFiltre

    IrfanView (free)
    http://www.irfanview.com/

    PhotoFiltre (free)
    http://photofiltre.free.fr/frames_en.htm

    On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 17:30:55 GMT, in
    <>
    William Reitz scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jun 29, 2004
  4. William Reitz wrote:
    > Does anyone know what the execution file is for the Windowa Picture
    > and Fax Viewer. I try to open some JPG files on this computer and get
    > box advising no application is associated with this type file. I have
    > option of selecting an application but don't know what program exe
    > file to use.

    There isn't a Windows Picture and Fax Viewer executable:

    rundll32.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32\shimgvw.dll,ImageView_Fullscreen %1

    Mr. Trevor Fourie, Jun 29, 2004