    Internet Explorer version 4.0 or later, or Netscape Navigator version 4.08
    or later.

    any known fix for this? im on XP home.

    microberts, Jan 8, 2004

  2. microberts

    gigajosh Guest

    Try going to Windows Update, doing a scan and seeing what happens.
    http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/

    gigajosh, Jan 8, 2004

  3. microberts

    Win Guest

    What's with the atachment

    Check your time
    Also in intrnet explorer try clicking tools options Tab second from right
    set it so internet explorer is the defualt internet progran

    Just some thoughts
    Also try hotmail latter could have been there problem

    Win, Jan 8, 2004
  4. microberts

    microberts Guest

    LOL, i have no idea where that came from...
    I thought you could not upload binaries in this news group..

    It was an accident. anyhow...
    I did all that you stated here, before asking for help.

    i posted to a forum, that identifies the type of browser you are using, and
    it is seeing me as a netscape 4.0 browser. rather than IE 6.1 SP1
    i dont have netscape installed. so, all i can think is either the google
    tool bar is causing the misreport, or my spam eliminator that i got on
    outlook Express. How would i change the reporting Feature for this to show
    the correct Version of IE?

    microberts, Jan 8, 2004
  5. microberts

    Brian H¹© Guest

    microberts said:

    > LOL, i have no idea where that came from...
    > I thought you could not upload binaries in this news group..

    If you are using OE-QuoteFix, when you copy/paste a page that contains a word
    that is in OE-QF's emoticon.ini, you will end up "accidentally" attaching the
    corresponding gif to your post.

    Not all servers block the transmission of binaries to text only groups.

    Brian H¹©, Jan 8, 2004
  6. microberts

    microberts Guest

    Re: windows passport problem.(FIXED)

    Problem is Fixed.
    I used a hex Editor with a TraceRt and found the source of my problem. my
    Visual Studio 6.0 on Windows XP was causing the misreporting.

    I updated from Service pack 3 to Service pack 5 and it has resolved the
    problem.

    Thanks for trying. (note: if anyone has this problem Microsoft also has a
    ..net update in the windows update as an optional install, this too will
    correct this error.)

    Also if you have a Firewall, you need to disable it if you are having this
    problem, so windows update will work. not sure why yet. but it will stall
    out without any errors if you have a firewall running.

    PEACE.. Techs. update your sites with this one.

    microberts, Jan 8, 2004
  7. microberts

    gigajosh Guest

    Re: windows passport problem.(FIXED)

    I'd be interested to hear how you used a HEX editor & tracert to resolve
    this :) Care to expand?

    gigajosh, Jan 9, 2004