    this. I am using XP pro and this just started to happen and I don't know
    what I did. Thank's in advance. This is a great group for finding how to fix
    your own problems.If we could only get rid of all the porno in it.

    Dog, Sep 5, 2004

  2. Dog

    Chet Guest

    Drag the corners of IE to make it fill the screen (the maximize button won't
    do) then hold down the shift key while you exit the program. When you
    restart it should be the size you selected.

    Chet, Sep 5, 2004

  3. Dog

    Rv! Guest

    > Drag the corners of IE to make it fill the screen (the maximize button won't
    > do) then hold down the shift key while you exit the program. When you
    > restart it should be the size you selected.

    Nice one, is that (and others) documented somewhere?

    Rv!

    Rv!, Sep 5, 2004
  4. Dog

    Jerry G. Guest

    What he mentioned is buried in the help system for Windows, and is also in
    many of the documentations about Windows. This goes back to Win 95. Windows
    by default can remember up to 400 of settings for the window sizes.

    --

    Jerry G.
    ==========================

    Jerry G., Sep 5, 2004
  5. Dog

    Thor Guest

    "Rv!" <> wrote in message
    > > Drag the corners of IE to make it fill the screen (the maximize button

    won't
    > > do) then hold down the shift key while you exit the program. When you
    > > restart it should be the size you selected.

    > Nice one, is that (and others) documented somewhere?

    That tip should be listed on many sites. That solution has been around at
    least 9 years.

    Thor, Sep 5, 2004
  6. Dog

    HonestJohn Guest

    "Rv!" <> wrote in message
    > > Drag the corners of IE to make it fill the screen (the

    maximize button won't
    > > do) then hold down the shift key while you exit the program.

    When you
    > > restart it should be the size you selected.

    > Nice one, is that (and others) documented somewhere?
    >
    > Rv!

    Microsoft reckons it's a design feature, but there are many fixes.

    Drag the sides of a newly opened browser window to the edges of
    the screen then go the File menu, click Close and press F5. Click
    the link again and the new window should open maximised.

    Resize the window using the mouse then hold down the Ctrl button
    and click the Close Window X.

    Hold down Ctrl + Shift + Alt while using the mouse to drag the
    sides of the window to fill the screen, keep the keys pressed then
    click the close window icon.

    If new browser windows still refuse to open full size then try a
    freeware utility called IE Maximizer. It also closes pop-ups,
    hide/show windows using a "hotkey" and it works on e-mail message
    windows in Outlook Express.

    http://www.jiisoft.com/iemaximizer/index.htm

    HonestJohn, Sep 5, 2004