    What is the upgrade path to 2003 MCSE, I would like to
    skip 2000 if possible?

    thanks

    charlieb, Sep 11, 2003

  2. charlieb

    Simon Chang Guest

    You are correct with the exception of the electives option.

    There are only *certain* electives that will count towards
    both Windows NT 4.0 and Windows 2000/2003. IIS 4.0 and
    TCP/IP are two of them, and arguably the two most popular
    electives (some may also say Exchange 5.0 or 5.5).

    If you have these electives, then you will not have to do
    anything further for electives. Otherwise, you will need
    to choose from the list of acceptable electives.

    Simon Chang, MCSE (NT 4.0 and Win2K)

    retired and cannot apply
    >to 2003. This is my interpretion of the above URL:
    >
    >Networking: You have to take all.
    >
    >Client: I guess the W98 or NT workstation is used in NT

    track, so you have
    >to take W2K desktop or XP.
    >
    >Design: You have to take one.
    >
    >Elective: good news, you do not take any test!!!

    (anybody, please confirm

    Simon Chang, Sep 25, 2003

  3. Actually the NT4.0 MCSE credential will count as the elective for MCSA or
    MCSE on Windows Server 2003.

    --
    Andy Ruth
    Microsoft Training and Certification

    rights.

    Andy Ruth [MS], Sep 26, 2003
  4. charlieb

    Krass Guest

    Also, if you have passed Windows 2000 Workstation exam (Exam 70-210)it will
    count for Client exam in 2003 track. So, the total exams you have to take
    comes to 5.

    Krass, Sep 29, 2003
  5. And if you have 227 as an elective that counts for both 2k and 2k3
    tracks ;o)

    On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 20:26:49 -0400, "Krass" <>
    wrote:

    >Also, if you have passed Windows 2000 Workstation exam (Exam 70-210)it will
    >count for Client exam in 2003 track. So, the total exams you have to take
    >comes to 5.
    >
    >"Andy Ruth [MS]" <> wrote in message
    >> Actually the NT4.0 MCSE credential will count as the elective for MCSA or
    >> MCSE on Windows Server 2003.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Andy Ruth
    >> Microsoft Training and Certification

    >> rights.
    >>
    >> "Simon Chang" <> wrote in message
    >> > You are correct with the exception of the electives option.

    <snip>

    Marlin Munrow, Sep 29, 2003