    append to the same file, will they still be useable for restoration? Im use
    to having 1 incremetal backup for each day on 1 tape, but now we have a huge
    file server that we back stuff up to. Thanks in advance.

    Hollywood0728, Mar 11, 2008

  2. Use 2 different schedules and file names. Let's say you schedule a full
    backup on week #1 with a file name Backup1, and another full backup on week
    #2 with a file name Backup2. Schedule both of them to run once every two
    weeks with this option selected: "Replace the data on the media with this
    backup". With this in place, you will always have at least one set of good
    backup in case one of the scheduled backup failed, and you will always have
    no more than two sets of full backup on tape. About the incremental backup
    with "Append this backup to the media" option selected, sure you will be able
    to use it to restore the data, and of course it will use the same file name.
    However, when you try to restor the data from the backup set, you will see
    different set in the catalog media.

    Dragon Without Wings, Mar 12, 2008