    there is some connectivity, it would seem. Also from the site where the
    server is at, I can't ping the router that connects to the problem site. Any
    help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.
    =?Utf-8?B?V2luZG93cyBOZXR3b3JraW5nIFByb2JsZW0=?=, Nov 10, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?V2luZG93cyBOZXR3b3JraW5nIFByb2JsZW0=?=

    LRM Guest

    ok, you have sites A, B, C.
    A and B are up and can see each other fine, C was down, and came back up?
    Power cycle the router first.
    1700's in particular are very unhappy after a line goes down and comes back
    up.
    If this doesn't solve the problem, oh give it about 5 minutes before you
    decide it doesn't work,
    Check the physical connections on the router's interfaces.
    If you don't see something there post back with more info i.e. run diags and
    tell us what the errors are
    LRM, Nov 11, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?V2luZG93cyBOZXR3b3JraW5nIFByb2JsZW0=?=

    Dragon Guest

    Are all sites connected through the same interface on the problem site
    router? What is the connectivity?

    Dragon, Nov 11, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?V2luZG93cyBOZXR3b3JraW5nIFByb2JsZW0=?=

    Kurt Guest

    From what you describe, the only host that can't connect to the problem site
    is the server? You say you can ping other hosts from the problem site, but
    not the server? So, when you do a tracert from one of the working hosts to
    the "bad-site" router how does it compare to a tracert to the same router
    from the server? Is the server multihomed? Do you have multiple default
    gateways? Are there any other routers at the site where the server is
    located?

    ....kurt

    Kurt, Nov 12, 2005
  5. Thanks for replying. We've powercycled the router and the switch. In
    addition we installed a new switch thinking it might be the problem. However
    the problem still persists. The physical connection is fine. Like I
    mentioned a connection can be established to the as400 on site b from site c.
    That tells us that the router is relying some information. The as400 is
    connected through a perl controller. The stations on site c can connect to
    the as400 on site b. Also some work stations on site A can be pinged from
    site C, but the server which is on site A cant be pinged. Any other ideas?

    =?Utf-8?B?V2luZG93cyBOZXR3b3JraW5nIFByb2JsZW0=?=, Nov 14, 2005
  6. Site A contains the Server and one router A. Site be B is also connected to
    the server on site A through router B. Site C is connected to site A through
    router C. All the routers are Cisco routers and the server is running Server
    2003. So yes the other sites connect to the problem site through the same
    interface. The only diffrenceis that the as400 is networked through the
    router using a Perl controller. Thanks for your reply.

    =?Utf-8?B?V2luZG93cyBOZXR3b3JraW5nIFByb2JsZW0=?=, Nov 14, 2005
  7. =?Utf-8?B?V2luZG93cyBOZXR3b3JraW5nIFByb2JsZW0=?=

    TechGeekPro Guest

    On Nov 14, 2005 at 1:58pm "Windows Networking Problem" blathered:

    > Thanks for your reply.

    You're welcome.

    --
    TGP MCNGP #100100
    http://www.mcngp.com
    TechGeekPro, Nov 14, 2005
  8. =?Utf-8?B?V2luZG93cyBOZXR3b3JraW5nIFByb2JsZW0=?=

    MitchS Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Thanks for replying. We've powercycled the router and the switch. In
    > addition we installed a new switch thinking it might be the problem.
    > However
    > the problem still persists. The physical connection is fine. Like I
    > mentioned a connection can be established to the as400 on site b from site
    > c.
    > That tells us that the router is relying some information.

    Not necessarily, if you are connecting to an AS400 through a PERLE ws
    controller the traffic is quite possibly split off at the CSU/DSU, meaning
    it is out of the loop as far as the router is concerned. All your remaining
    IP traffic will be sent through the routers.

    > The stations on site c can connect to
    > the as400 on site b. Also some work stations on site A can be pinged from
    > site C, but the server which is on site A cant be pinged. Any other
    > ideas?

    1. The workstations that can be pinged on A are dumb terminals, thin
    clients, or pc's?
    2. Are there PERLE controllers at each site? If not which one's?
    3. Can you ping anything on B from C?

    If you have PERLE's at A and C, this may explain why the AS400 traffic
    passes and IP does not.

    HTH
    --
    Mitch "yer such a Jameshole" S.
    Winnner plays, loser stays. Everyone's a winne - well, not everyone." - F.
    MitchS, Nov 14, 2005
  9. I will run the tracert command today and post up the results. We do have 3
    gateways one for each site. Their is one router at the server site, router
    A. From the server site I can ping router A and B, but not C. In addition,
    from site C i can ping routers A an B, and some of the client PCs on both
    sites. However I cannot ping the server which is on site A.

    =?Utf-8?B?V2luZG93cyBOZXR3b3JraW5nIFByb2JsZW0=?=, Nov 14, 2005