    gracenote Guest

    The files play back beautifully but I cannot see how to watch them via
    my DVD , on the TV.
    gracenote, May 10, 2005

  2. gracenote

    Matt Guest

    Firstly, WMM cannot create DVDs directly.

    This is what I do (warning: I'm a novice, but this worked for me):

    Create AVI files from WMM, then import the AVI files into your favourite DVD
    Authoring software. In my case, my DVD+-RW came with InterVideo DVD
    Creator, which does a satisfactor job.

    In slightly more detail:

    Using WMM, create your movie file(s) (in my case I created several movie
    files - each representing a separate chapter), then for each movie file:

    File > Save Movie File > My computer > Enter filename > Other settings:
    DV-AVI (PAL) [or DV-AVI (NTSC)]

    Within InterVideo DVD Creator, import the AVI files (one for each chapter).
    From here you can continue to author a DVD with fun menus, backgrounds, and
    other effects. You can get a reasonably professional looking result.

    All good fun.

    I've also experminted with taking the DVD file produced by InterVideo DVD
    Creator, and reading it into the 30-day trial version of DVDlab Pro. Many
    more special effects are possible, but that was just adding more icing to
    the cake.

    Matt.

    Matt, May 15, 2005