    it.

    Any help is appreciated!

    Thanks!
    Ronni, Feb 14, 2007

  2. Ronni

    Doug Jacobs Guest

    Ronni <> wrote:
    > I have a Pioneer DVR-510H-S (http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/v3/
    > pg/product/details/0,,2076_310069745_37530022,00.html) but I can't
    > figure out how to connect it to my computer to burn a movie that I
    > made using Windows Movie Maker.

    > Considering how much this DVD burner was, I would be shocked if it
    > weren't able to do what I want it to do. I just don't know how to do
    > it.

    I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but there's no way to connect this
    to your computer. This is a standalone recorder/DVD burner, as opposed to
    a computer DVD-burner drive
    (http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/v3/pg/album/compare/0,,2076_310069751,00.html)

    At least, there's no easy way to do this....

    If your PC's video card has some sort of TV output like composite video or
    s-video port, you can try to play your video from your PC, into the
    Pioneer burner like an external TV show, record it, and burn it that way.

    Here's what you'll have to do (roughly):
    Connect the Pioneer player to your TV as normal.

    Connect the PC's TV-out and the speaker out to the Pioneer. You may need
    a convertor cable for the audio part. You can get this from Radio Shack
    for $5 or so. Make sure it's a stereo one.

    Now you need to configure your PC to use the TV-out as a 2nd monitor. You
    should be able to do this with your monitor's properties (right-click on a
    blank part of the desktop, choose properties, then on the Settings tab.)
    Each video card is a bit different, so you'll have to look at your
    documentation to figure out how to configure the TV as your 2nd monitor.

    Once that's done, play your video as normal and it should appear on your
    TV. Hit record on the Pioneer and that should record the video to its
    hard drive. Then burn the DVD as normal.

    Otherwise, buy a "DVD writer", which is just the drive and connects
    directly to your computer. I have an external model that connects to my
    machine using my USB port. This is convienent as I can then share the
    drive between the different PCs in my house, and was only about $20 more
    than the internal drive. The DVD recorder/burner you have can still
    function as a DVR and can also be used if you have home videos on VHS you
    wish to convert to DVD for future storage.

    --
    Win cash and giftcards just for clicking your mouse!
    http://www.netwinner.com/?signupCode=amuro98
    Doug Jacobs, Feb 16, 2007