    top left corner of a window)->"Move"? I just can't figure it out.

    Cheers,
    Nicholas Sherlock

    Nicholas Sherlock, Oct 13, 2003

  2. Nicholas Sherlock

    cowboyz Guest

    "Nicholas Sherlock" <> wrote in message
    news:bmesvl$7nl$...
    > Hey all,
    >
    > Does anyone know how you're supposed to move a window with (clicking in

    the
    > top left corner of a window)->"Move"? I just can't figure it out.
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Nicholas Sherlock

    click to open the menu... click on move.. then hold down the left mouse
    button and move the mouse to where you want the window.

    What bit are you having trouble with?

    cowboyz, Oct 13, 2003

  3. Nicholas Sherlock

    T.N.O. Guest

    "Howard" wrote
    > Press Alt+Spacebar to activate the window menu. Select Move and then
    > yourcursor keys can move the window, instead of having to drag it with the
    > mouse.

    thats cool, but you cant move it far off your screen...

    BTW, your clocks out considerably :)

    T.N.O., Oct 13, 2003
  4. Nicholas Sherlock

    Mainlander Guest

    In article <bmesvl$7nl$>, says...
    > Hey all,
    >
    > Does anyone know how you're supposed to move a window with (clicking in the
    > top left corner of a window)->"Move"? I just can't figure it out.

    Keypresses

    Mainlander, Oct 13, 2003
  5. Nicholas Sherlock

    Mainlander Guest

    In article <bmetnp$83h$>, says...

    > "Nicholas Sherlock" <> wrote in message
    > > Hey all,
    > >
    > > Does anyone know how you're supposed to move a window with (clicking in

    > the
    > > top left corner of a window)->"Move"? I just can't figure it out.
    > >
    > > Cheers,
    > > Nicholas Sherlock
    > >

    > click to open the menu... click on move.. then hold down the left mouse
    > button and move the mouse to where you want the window.

    Why bother when you just drag with the mouse?

    Mainlander, Oct 13, 2003
  6. Nicholas Sherlock

    cowboyz Guest

    "Mainlander" <*@*.*> wrote in message
    > In article <bmetnp$83h$>, says...
    > >
    > > "Nicholas Sherlock" <> wrote in message
    > > > Hey all,
    > > >
    > > > Does anyone know how you're supposed to move a window with (clicking

    in
    > > the
    > > > top left corner of a window)->"Move"? I just can't figure it out.
    > > >
    > > > Cheers,
    > > > Nicholas Sherlock
    > > >

    > > click to open the menu... click on move.. then hold down the left mouse
    > > button and move the mouse to where you want the window.

    > Why bother when you just drag with the mouse?

    Exactly.........

    However there are times when you can "lose" the window and ayou can right
    click the taskbar and selelct move to bring it back..........

    cowboyz, Oct 13, 2003
  7. Nicholas Sherlock

    Al Guest

    > Hey all,
    >
    > Does anyone know how you're supposed to move a window with (clicking in

    the
    > top left corner of a window)->"Move"? I just can't figure it out.
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Nicholas Sherlock

    Arrow keys shift the window up/down/left/right by several pixels in one go.

    Control-Arrow keys shift the window one pixel at a time.

    Al.

    Al, Oct 14, 2003
  8. Al wrote:
    > "Nicholas Sherlock" <> wrote in message
    >> Hey all,
    >>
    >> Does anyone know how you're supposed to move a window with (clicking
    >> in the top left corner of a window)->"Move"? I just can't figure it
    >> out.
    >>
    >> Cheers,
    >> Nicholas Sherlock
    >>

    > Arrow keys shift the window up/down/left/right by several pixels in
    > one go.
    >
    > Control-Arrow keys shift the window one pixel at a time.

    Ah! Finally! I know the ultimate secret of Windows.. now I can rule all of
    my friends :).

    Cheers,
    Nicholas Sherlock

    Nicholas Sherlock, Oct 14, 2003
  9. Nicholas Sherlock

    Steven H Guest

    In article <>, *@*.*
    says...
    > In article <bmesvl$7nl$>, says...
    > > Hey all,
    > >
    > > Does anyone know how you're supposed to move a window with (clicking in the
    > > top left corner of a window)->"Move"? I just can't figure it out.

    > Keypresses

    ctl+x ctl+v

    works for me
    Steven H

    Steven H, Oct 14, 2003
  10. Nicholas Sherlock

    Howard Guest

    > Hey all,
    >
    > Does anyone know how you're supposed to move a window with (clicking in

    the
    > top left corner of a window)->"Move"? I just can't figure it out.

    Its useful for keyboard centric people.

    Howard, Oct 14, 2003
  11. Nicholas Sherlock

    tkegimp

    Joined:
    Aug 15, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    Thank you...that ALT+Spacebar was exactly what I needed!

    Cheers!

    tkegimp, Aug 15, 2012