    they are not on speaking terms and nothing is being syncronized.

    Does anyone have any suggestions?

    Thanks, Fred.

    Frederick, Jan 26, 2008

  2. Frederick

    Bill Patten Guest

    Hi Fred,

    I don't have any suggestions at this time, and I'm leaving town for a few
    days so I won't be around to help you with settings till Friday next week.
    My reason for answering is to let you know that I have an Axim 51v connected
    to Vista Ultimate 64 and it works fine, so hang in there it can be made to
    work.

    I think I found some solutions on either www.aximusers.com or
    www.aximsite.com.

    If you haven't got it working by next Friday, give me a shout and I can
    check some my settings etc for you.

    Bill

    "Frederick" <> wrote in message
    I have a Dell Axim X50v with Windos Mobile 5, which I was hoping to have
    connect and syncronize with my new Win Vista desktop. All the literature
    says
    that I don't install ActiveSync on my desktop, but that Windos Mobile
    Desktop
    Center should do all the connecting (magically). Unfortunately all I get is
    simple "Error" message in the Windows Mobile panel (and that is all it does
    say "Error"!). Meanwhile my Dell Axim indicates Connected. Needless to say

    Bill Patten, Jan 26, 2008

  3. Frederick

    KevinD Guest

    What are you using for Firewall? I have a different device Windows based
    device (ATT Tilt running Windows Mobile 6), but I had to manually configure
    my Firewall to get it to connect as the Policy was not built in for Mobile
    Device Center.

    BTW...I am running Vista Ultimate 64 Bit on my laptop....once I got my
    Firewall (Windows Live One Care) to cooperate everything syncs beautifully.

    KevinD, Jan 27, 2008
  4. Frederick

    Hydrology Guest

    Yoyt are the first person that I have run across that has been able to get
    WMDC to connect correctly with 64bit Vista. What version of WMDC are you
    using 6.0 or 6.1?
    --
    Tom

    Hydrology, Feb 24, 2008
  5. Frederick

    Bill Patten Guest

    Tom,

    I am using WMDC ver 6.1.6965

    I did have some problems with it and a few other things when I first
    installed Vista64 Back in February last year, after messing around for quite
    a while I finally made an Acronis full backup image, (just to protect
    myself) then copied the Vista 64 (OEM) CD onto my hard drive (Didn't work
    from CD (of DVD what ever it was) then ran setup and told it to upgrade, it
    did and 5 of the 6 problems I was having went away, including the problems
    with WMDC. Hopefully you wont have to do this but that's what I did. The
    only problem the upgrade caused was my Visual Studio 2005, had to be
    reloaded.

    Bill

    Bill Patten, Feb 24, 2008
  6. Frederick

    Hydrology Guest

    I may have to try that, because nothing else seems to work. I have a Treo
    750 with Windows Mobile 6. I have found one or two people that can sych with
    WMDC 6.0 but no one with 6.1. And even with 6.0 they were only able to synch
    with bluetooth. No one was able to get the usb driver to work. I saw a
    posting on how to roll back WMDC 6.1 to 6.0, but it involved about 30 steps
    that included deleting some system registry lines. Apparently uninstalling
    6.1 does not work. It leaves a lot of things in the registry and on your
    hard drive that will keep 6.0 from installing correctly.

    I will try your way and see if it will work. I hate spending a lot of time
    trying to make an operating system work, especially one that I don't really
    like anyway, but I HAVE to be able to synch my phone. I have been using
    Vista for about a year now and I REALLY miss the ease and simplicity of XP.
    Plus it works!

    --
    Tom

    Hydrology, Feb 27, 2008