    Does WM5.0 even have "network file sharing" ?

    TIA082006

    , Aug 21, 2006

  2. Guest

    Re: Windows Mobile 5.0 Networking Questions

    wrote:
    > I got a UTStarCom 6700 pocket PC today w/ WM5.0
    >
    > Question... can this thing "network" with other computers? IE: I have
    > it on my wireless router with my other two WinXP computers, can I
    > exchange files and access my WinXP shares from WM5.0 via the LAN?
    >
    > Does WM5.0 even have "network file sharing" ?
    >
    > TIA082006

    After much digging around, I've solved my own problem:

    Yes you can connect WM5.0 to a WinXP machine:

    Go to file manager, hit Menu, hit Open Path and type in the name of the
    network resource ie //computer1

    , Aug 21, 2006

  3. Guest

    wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > I got a UTStarCom 6700 pocket PC today w/ WM5.0
    > >
    > > Question... can this thing "network" with other computers? IE: I have
    > > it on my wireless router with my other two WinXP computers, can I
    > > exchange files and access my WinXP shares from WM5.0 via the LAN?
    > >
    > > Does WM5.0 even have "network file sharing" ?
    > >
    > > TIA082006

    > After much digging around, I've solved my own problem:
    >
    > Yes you can connect WM5.0 to a WinXP machine:
    >
    > Go to file manager, hit Menu, hit Open Path and type in the name of the
    > network resource ie //computer1

    ps - this thing is soooo cool ...

    Two thumbs up for the UTSTARCOM 6700 POCKET PC !

    This thing destroys the competition. It puts the Motorola Q to shame.

    , Aug 21, 2006
  4. Scooby Guest

    <> wrote in message

    > wrote:
    >> wrote:
    >> > I got a UTStarCom 6700 pocket PC today w/ WM5.0
    >> >
    >> > Question... can this thing "network" with other computers? IE: I have
    >> > it on my wireless router with my other two WinXP computers, can I
    >> > exchange files and access my WinXP shares from WM5.0 via the LAN?
    >> >
    >> > Does WM5.0 even have "network file sharing" ?
    >> >
    >> > TIA082006

    >> After much digging around, I've solved my own problem:
    >>
    >> Yes you can connect WM5.0 to a WinXP machine:
    >>
    >> Go to file manager, hit Menu, hit Open Path and type in the name of the
    >> network resource ie //computer1

    > ps - this thing is soooo cool ...
    >
    > Two thumbs up for the UTSTARCOM 6700 POCKET PC !
    >
    > This thing destroys the competition. It puts the Motorola Q to shame.

    How's the battery life? WM5 is not known for exceptional battery life and
    I've heard that is pretty true with the Q. I just haven't heard anything
    back on the UTSTARCOM.

    Also, try Resco file explorer. You can download a trial from Handango or
    Pocketgear. I've got a registered version and love it. Great file explorer
    and does a good job with network shares. Also, it comes with a registry
    editor.

    Jim

    Scooby, Aug 22, 2006
  5. Guest

    Re: Windows Mobile 5.0 Networking Questions

    > How's the battery life? WM5 is not known for exceptional battery life and
    > I've heard that is pretty true with the Q. I just haven't heard anything
    > back on the UTSTARCOM.

    Its still pretty early, but so far it is much better then I expected, I
    had heard similar things... but I played around with it for over 4
    hours last night without a problem, heavy usage, watching movies,
    browsing the web, using the WiFi, etc.

    , Aug 22, 2006