    programs.

    Any help please?

    Thanks.

    ian field, Aug 19, 2010

  2. ian field

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Thu, 19 Aug 2010 18:23:08 +0100, ian field wrote:

    > I'm trying to install Adobe flash player but it keeps saying that the
    > conflicting application "Windows messenger" is running and I have to
    > close it before continuing install.
    >
    > So far, I've re-booted and only opened windows explorer to click on the
    > flash player installer filr, I tried ctrl-alt-del for the end now of
    > running programs and windows messenger is not there - neither is it in
    > add remove programs.
    >
    > Any help please?
    >
    > Thanks.

    Messenger is a windows component and won't show in installed
    applications. When you open the task manager tab over to the processes
    tab and check for it in there. If you see it listed right click and
    choose 'end process'. It won't appear in the 'applications' tab.

    Meat Plow, Aug 19, 2010

  3. ian field

    ian field Guest

    "Meat Plow" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 19 Aug 2010 18:23:08 +0100, ian field wrote:
    >
    >> I'm trying to install Adobe flash player but it keeps saying that the
    >> conflicting application "Windows messenger" is running and I have to
    >> close it before continuing install.
    >>
    >> So far, I've re-booted and only opened windows explorer to click on the
    >> flash player installer filr, I tried ctrl-alt-del for the end now of
    >> running programs and windows messenger is not there - neither is it in
    >> add remove programs.
    >>
    >> Any help please?
    >>
    >> Thanks.

    > Messenger is a windows component and won't show in installed
    > applications. When you open the task manager tab over to the processes
    > tab and check for it in there. If you see it listed right click and
    > choose 'end process'. It won't appear in the 'applications' tab.

    Found it on the system tray.

    ian field, Aug 19, 2010
  4. ian field

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Thu, 19 Aug 2010 19:17:39 +0100, ian field wrote:

    > "Meat Plow" <> wrote in message
    >> On Thu, 19 Aug 2010 18:23:08 +0100, ian field wrote:
    >>
    >>> I'm trying to install Adobe flash player but it keeps saying that the
    >>> conflicting application "Windows messenger" is running and I have to
    >>> close it before continuing install.
    >>>
    >>> So far, I've re-booted and only opened windows explorer to click on
    >>> the flash player installer filr, I tried ctrl-alt-del for the end now
    >>> of running programs and windows messenger is not there - neither is it
    >>> in add remove programs.
    >>>
    >>> Any help please?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks.

    >> Messenger is a windows component and won't show in installed
    >> applications. When you open the task manager tab over to the processes
    >> tab and check for it in there. If you see it listed right click and
    >> choose 'end process'. It won't appear in the 'applications' tab.

    > Found it on the system tray.

    Well that was easy enough. If you don't use it uninstall it.

    Meat Plow, Aug 19, 2010
  5. ian field

    ian field Guest

    "Meat Plow" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 19 Aug 2010 19:17:39 +0100, ian field wrote:
    >
    >> "Meat Plow" <> wrote in message

    >>> Messenger is a windows component and won't show in installed
    >>> applications. When you open the task manager tab over to the processes
    >>> tab and check for it in there. If you see it listed right click and
    >>> choose 'end process'. It won't appear in the 'applications' tab.

    >> Found it on the system tray.

    > Well that was easy enough. If you don't use it uninstall it.

    How?!

    I already looked in add remove programs.

    ian field, Aug 19, 2010
  6. ian field

    Bert Hyman Guest

    In news:q_ebo.49551$wf1.35866@hurricane "ian field"
    <> wrote:

    > "Meat Plow" <> wrote in message
    >> On Thu, 19 Aug 2010 19:17:39 +0100, ian field wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Meat Plow" <> wrote in message

    >>> Found it on the system tray.

    >> Well that was easy enough. If you don't use it uninstall it.

    > How?!
    >
    > I already looked in add remove programs.

    In the "Add or Remove Programs" window, on the left you should see an
    icon labeled "Add/Remove Windows Components." Another dialog will open,
    lableled "Windows Components Wizard;" you'll find Windows Messenger
    there.

    Uncheck the box adjacent to the name and follow the "Next>" buttons to
    the eventual end.

    --
    Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN

    Bert Hyman, Aug 19, 2010
  7. ian field

    ian field Guest

    "Bert Hyman" <> wrote in message
    > In news:q_ebo.49551$wf1.35866@hurricane "ian field"
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >> "Meat Plow" <> wrote in message

    >>> Well that was easy enough. If you don't use it uninstall it.

    >> How?!
    >>
    >> I already looked in add remove programs.

    > In the "Add or Remove Programs" window, on the left you should see an
    > icon labeled "Add/Remove Windows Components." Another dialog will open,
    > lableled "Windows Components Wizard;" you'll find Windows Messenger
    > there.
    >
    > Uncheck the box adjacent to the name and follow the "Next>" buttons to
    > the eventual end.

    Thanks.

    ian field, Aug 19, 2010
  8. ian field

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Thu, 19 Aug 2010 19:46:29 +0100, ian field wrote:

    > "Meat Plow" <> wrote in message
    >> On Thu, 19 Aug 2010 19:17:39 +0100, ian field wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Meat Plow" <> wrote in message

    >>> Found it on the system tray.

    >> Well that was easy enough. If you don't use it uninstall it.

    > How?!
    >
    > I already looked in add remove programs.

    You didn't read my post :(

    Meat Plow, Aug 19, 2010
  9. ian field

    TING Bu-Dung Guest

    "Meat Plow" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 19 Aug 2010 19:46:29 +0100, ian field wrote:
    >
    >> "Meat Plow" <> wrote in message

    >>> Well that was easy enough. If you don't use it uninstall it.

    >> How?!
    >>
    >> I already looked in add remove programs.

    > You didn't read my post :(

    WTF are you talking about? You never gave any advice on how to uninstall
    it --- all you did was advise going to the Process tab to end the process.
    Bert Hyman was the one who told the OP how to uninstall it . . .

    TING Bu-Dung, Aug 20, 2010
  10. ian field

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Thu, 19 Aug 2010 16:07:51 -0700, TING Bu-Dung wrote:

    > "Meat Plow" <> wrote in message
    >> On Thu, 19 Aug 2010 19:46:29 +0100, ian field wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Meat Plow" <> wrote in message

    >>> How?!
    >>>
    >>> I already looked in add remove programs.

    >> You didn't read my post :(

    > WTF are you talking about? You never gave any advice on how to uninstall
    > it --- all you did was advise going to the Process tab to end the
    > process. Bert Hyman was the one who told the OP how to uninstall it . .
    > .

    Qoute: " Messenger is a Windows Component"

    Please **** off troll.

    Meat Plow, Aug 20, 2010
  11. ian field

    TING Bu-Dung Guest

    "Meat Plow" <> wrote

    > Qoute: " Messenger is a Windows Component"

    Yes --- but did you tell him how to uninstall a Windows component?

    TING Bu-Dung, Aug 20, 2010
  12. ian field

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Thu, 19 Aug 2010 16:32:05 -0700, TING Bu-Dung wrote:

    > "Meat Plow" <> wrote
    >
    >> Qoute: " Messenger is a Windows Component"

    > Yes --- but did you tell him how to uninstall a Windows component?

    Look, fuckchop, how about you take over from here.

    Meat Plow, Aug 20, 2010
  13. ian field

    TING Bu-Dung Guest

    "Meat Plow" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 19 Aug 2010 16:32:05 -0700, TING Bu-Dung wrote:
    >
    >> "Meat Plow" <> wrote
    >>
    >>> Qoute: " Messenger is a Windows Component"

    >> Yes --- but did you tell him how to uninstall a Windows component?

    > Look, fuckchop, how about you take over from here.

    Sure thing, meathead, but I do find it encouraging that you finally
    understand the difference between giving someone a clue as to how to do
    something and actually explaining how to do it . . .

    TING Bu-Dung, Aug 20, 2010
  14. ian field

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Thu, 19 Aug 2010 17:04:39 -0700, TING Bu-Dung wrote:

    > "Meat Plow" <> wrote in message
    >> On Thu, 19 Aug 2010 16:32:05 -0700, TING Bu-Dung wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Meat Plow" <> wrote

    >>> Yes --- but did you tell him how to uninstall a Windows component?

    >> Look, fuckchop, how about you take over from here.

    > Sure thing, meathead, but I do find it encouraging that you finally
    > understand the difference between giving someone a clue as to how to do
    > something and actually explaining how to do it . . .

    Not my job. Go cry on someone else's shoulder, fuckwad.

    Meat Plow, Aug 20, 2010
  15. ian field

    Aardvark Guest

    On Thu, 19 Aug 2010 19:46:29 +0100, ian field wrote:

    >> Well that was easy enough. If you don't use it uninstall it.

    > How?!
    >
    > I already looked in add remove programs.

    You've already been told how to do it.

    --
    "When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
    Then I realised God doesn’t work that way, so I stole one and

    Aardvark, Aug 21, 2010
  16. ian field

    ian field Guest

    "Aardvark" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 19 Aug 2010 19:46:29 +0100, ian field wrote:
    >
    >>> Well that was easy enough. If you don't use it uninstall it.

    >> How?!
    >>
    >> I already looked in add remove programs.

    > You've already been told how to do it.

    What kept you?

    ian field, Aug 21, 2010
  17. ian field

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Sat, 21 Aug 2010 19:53:05 +0100, ian field wrote:

    > "Aardvark" <> wrote in message

    >>> How?!
    >>>
    >>> I already looked in add remove programs.

    >> You've already been told how to do it.

    > What kept you?

    Kept from what?

    Meat Plow, Aug 21, 2010
  18. ian field

    ian field Guest

    "Meat Plow" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 21 Aug 2010 19:53:05 +0100, ian field wrote:
    >
    >> "Aardvark" <> wrote in message

    >>> You've already been told how to do it.

    >> What kept you?

    > Kept from what?

    Posting a couple of days after the thread run its course.

    ian field, Aug 21, 2010
  19. ian field

    Aardvark Guest

    On Sat, 21 Aug 2010 19:53:05 +0100, ian field wrote:

    > "Aardvark" <> wrote in message

    >>> How?!
    >>>
    >>> I already looked in add remove programs.

    >> You've already been told how to do it.

    > What kept you?

    Been away.

    Aardvark, Aug 21, 2010
  20. ian field

    ian field Guest

    "Aardvark" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 21 Aug 2010 19:53:05 +0100, ian field wrote:
    >
    >> "Aardvark" <> wrote in message

    >>> You've already been told how to do it.

    >> What kept you?

    > Been away.